≻◦ 𝔅𝔬𝔫𝔲𝔰 ◦≺

⪦ Part 4 ⪧

The day was bright and sunny.

Namjoon took in the fresh spring air as he leaned against the window.

Today was going to be a special day, and he woke up bright and early to prepare himself.

Earlier that morning, Namjoon and Yoongi were sent off separately by both sides of the family to the temple. There, with the guidance of a priest, they made their offerings and prayers to the gods and goddesses, soon exiting with light hearts and happy wolves before being sent back to their residence.

Because of the very long distance between Geomba and Ganghim, Yoongi had rented the royal family a lavish bungalow.

This is just so that the engaged couple would not cross paths, according to all these customs and cultural rules.

Like he cared much for any of it.

But he supposes it is fun; it builds up the tension and excitement and nerves... but he wouldn't admit that out loud.

He also respects the elders and ancestors, so yeah. Whatever.

Anything, if it is Yoongi.

Jungkook was there, along with a few other attendants and tailors to help him get ready. They were preparing the outfit, doing final adjustments as Namjoon waited by the window.

He was soon at the very centre of the room, his main attire on. Jungkook helped fix his belt, his own hands too shaky before he could even take it. The beta knew him well.

All other preparations have been taken care of way before.

The official engagement ceremony, the gift giving, and mainly, the courting.

It was not needed, for obvious reasons, but Yoongi was charming like that.

He had not been obvious about it, but apparently, during the one-year restoration, Yoongi had actually been officially courting him.

He had worked on a beautiful bonsai sculpture; its bark out of a Maia Wall Tree, the leaves in metallic shades of green, and the flowers out of beautiful pink and purple gems. It was sized like a regular bonsai plant, and Namjoon had actually thought Yoongi gifted it to him for the Fest of Ileah.

It is common for couples to gift their significant others on the Fest of Ileah; it is a day to celebrate romantic love after all.

The second gift was a ceramic statue of a man playing a pipa, with little birds on its head, shoulder, and knee. It was painted very carefully and intricately, presented with a clear coat that gave it a glossy finish.