𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 15

Brunch ended quite quickly for the two.

They took turns feeding each other, talking about everything and nothing, learning about each other little by little.

Namjoon had asked about the family portraits, and Yoongi talked about them with a small smile.

Then Namjoon asked about the young girl.

"Ah... my noona..."

Namjoon had choked on his spinach.

"She was an alpha too, and she was supposed to be the next ruler. She had an interest in running the kingdom, unlike me, who preferred to just either help or... well... the point is... I wasn't really set to be king."

"What... happened- ah- that's quite insensitive of me. I apologise."

"Don't. It's okay. And I'm okay, talking about it. Her name is Yoonji, and she is actually my twin sister."

Namjoon choked on his potato this time.

"She was fourteen minutes older than I am, and she always acts like she is fourteen years older than I am."

Namjoon had giggled at that.

"It is true. Sometimes, just to annoy me, she would say, 'when I was your age...' and would proceed to tell me what she had done fourteen minutes ago."

Namjoon almost spat out his food laughing.

"She's the extroverted sibling, while I'm the introverted one. She easily made friends, but I preferred sticking to my books or my own work. It was thanks to her that I was able to befriend Seok. Out of all the people, he was the one who could tolerate my silence. It was either noona or Seokseok who could easily understand me without me saying anything."

Namjoon had realised how similar they had been in terms of their childhood. It was always his brother who got the attention, and he liked that. Namjoon stuck to being with himself and his books, too into the words and lessons that actually satisfied his curiosity.

"She died though... when she was 16... Some diseases transcended through family genetics. By then, she had taught me all she knew, somehow knowing I would be taking her place, whether I liked it or not. She has been a great teacher, and I owe her all my knowledge and success. My father had mostly let me watch and learn about political affairs and businesses, and my mother guided me with palace duties. Which included cooking."

Namjoon blinked.

"You can cook?"

"You can't?"

"You just witnessed me in the kitchen."

Yoongi laughed again, and Namjoon smiled at the way his shoulders bounced.

Their conversation changed then, and soon, they were done with their brunch.