𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 8

"This shall be your room..."

Namjoon had been guided through the hallways of the castle, and this time, towards the western side of the palace.

It was then he noticed all those lovely portraits of the many generations of the Min family. One of them was the king, his son, Jinnie, and his mother, the former queen.

There was another, the one with two children, a boy and a girl. They looked a little identical, and the boy... he looked like...

"It's lovely..."

It was. The interior design was unlike the eastern side of the palace, but it was very welcoming.

"Prince Namjoon."

Namjoon turned, doing his best to bow to the king. The king just waved his hand, stepping into the room cautiously.

"I hope you find this room suitable?"

"It is..."

"Great. You need to make sure you are comfortable for the duration you're staying."

Somehow, it sounded like that duration was not going to be long. Namjoon just smiled and nodded, picking the loose thread of his shirt.

"About your clothes... I have had some of the staff get some for you. In the short time, we couldn't find anything royal, but the clothes are nice and of good quality. I hope they do not disappoint you."

Giving him a room was one thing. But even providing clothes of his taste...

"Your Majesty... you're very kind..."

The king seemed to be shocked, at the way his eyes widened and looked down.

"Thank you... for all this trouble... I will return your kindness."

The king shook his head. "It's not necessary, Prince Namjoon."

"It is."

The king pressed his lips, then gave a single nod.

"When Jungkook-ssi heals, he can take the room next to you," he gestured to the side. "He has clothes prepared for him as well. If they do not fit, do not hesitate to let us know."

Namjoon wanted to cry.

He felt like he had been betrayed and cast aside by his own father and kingdom, and here... this so-called Tyrant King was helping him and offering him...

A thought struck him, and he does not know how to feel about it.

What if... What if all this was just a ploy to get him to reveal his kingdom's weakness? For King Yoongi to take advantage and bring his-