18

Everything happens for a reason

A month later...

Lindsey twirled her engagement ring, as she stood in the kitchen of her parents's home. "I can't believe my little girl is getting married." Diana said as she approached Lindsey. "I can't believe Bradley asked for yours and dad's blessing before he passed." Lindsey said. "What can I say, he's like his father, Respectful gentleman. Nick and Carole would be proud." Diana said with a smile. "Most importantly, I'm excited to call him my son in law soon, Officially, speaking of where is he?" Diana asked.

"With Maverick." Lindsey said with a smile. Diana looked at her daughter. "Wait wait.." Diana said. "They made up." Lindsey said with a grin. "That's wonderful, about time too." Diana said. "And He's walking me down the isle." Lindsey said which made Diana's heart flutter. "That's amazing sweetheart." Diana said. "I just need to ask him." Lindsey said. "And I have no doubt he won't decline, he will accept, he's always adored you Lindsey." Diana said and Lindsey smiled.

..........

Lindsey pulled up to the Hanger and She saw Penny. Penny smiled at the Kazansky woman. "Here for Maverick?" Lindsey questioned Penny nodded. "I figures as such, before you take him, I have an important question to ask him." Lindsey said. "Congrats, on your engagement by the way." Penny called out. Lindsey smiled.

She made their way to them, she saw that they were finding something. "Need any help?" Lindsey asked. Both of them turned around and smiled at the sight of the Kazansky gal. Rooster kissed the top of her head. 

"Uncle Mav, I have something to ask you?" Lindsey asked. "Sure." Maverick said. Rooster smiled knowing what this was about. "You know, I don't have anyone to walk me down the aisle, My daddy unfortunately passed away before he had the chance, so I was wondering if you would love to walk me down, on our big day?" Lindsey asked. Maverick was in shock. "You? want me to walk you down? I figured you would've asked Spade." Maverick said. Lindsey chuckled. "That's his job for Millie's big day... No... I want my uncle Mav to walk me down the aisle." Lindsey said and Maverick smiled at her. "I would love to kid." Maverick said. Lindsey smiled and pulled him into a hug. He smiled.

Then he saw Penny, Lindsey chuckled. "Go on, don't piss any more admirals off." Lindsey said. "How did you..." Maverick said. "My mother and spade... duh." Lindsey said. "Really Diana and Steve." Maverick said and Lindsey chuckled. "Oh, You love them and you know Uncle Mav." Lindsey said. "That's not wrong." Maverick said. Lindsey chuckled as Maverick made his way over to Penny. Lindsey hummed. 

Then she saw a room filled with Photos, she walked over and looked at the wall. Lindsey smiled at the photo of Her mom with Bradley's dad. "That's a keeper." Bradley said. "Yeah, to think His son and her daughter are getting married." Lindsey said. "My dad would've loved you." Bradley said. "My mom said the same thing." Lindsey said. Then she a photo of her parents together with Uncle Slider and Spade on graduation.

"You know that's a historical photo." Lindsey said as she pointed at it. "When Top Gun first time in history had two winners." Bradley said. Lindsey smiled then saw the recent photo of her, Rooster and Maverick. "I'm so glad you and Mav, worked it out." Lindsey said with a smile. "Me too." Bradley said. 

Lindsey turned to look at him, "I'm excited to marry you." Lindsey said with a smile. "Yes, then officially you will be Lindsey Bradshaw." Bradley said. "I can't wait." Lindsey said as he then pressed his lips to hers.

................

Five months later....

Lindsey stood in front of the mirror, ready to go. Then she heard a knock at the door, to see it was Maverick. "Lindsey, you look beautiful." Maverick said and she smiled. "You ready to go, kid?" He asked. "Ready as I'll ever be." Lindsey said as she grabbed a hold of Maverick's arm. "Let's get you married." Maverick said.

..............

Lindsey and Bradley stared into each other's eyes. Diana smiled at her daughter. "Nick and Carole, our kiddos are getting married." Diana said as a tear slipped down her eye. Maverick patted her shoulder. 

"Bradley..." Bradley smiled at Lindsey as he pulled out a note. 

"Lindsey, My darling. Where do I even begin. Question where did our love story began. To be fair, You were the cutest little girl on the block. I was just a little boy but the older we got, the more I realized. Damn, I am really in love with Lindsey Kazansky. Lindsey doesn't have average parents. Lindsey is the daughter of late admiral Iceman, who was known for his legacy at Top Gun along with His wife Admiral Ace, who I am really looking forward to having as my mother in law." Rooster said and Ace smiled.

"Lindsey, I can't imagine marrying any one else but you. I am excited for this journey we are about to forth together. Can't wait to have little ones with you and grow old with you. Thank you for always been with me through the good and the bad... I love you so damn much." Bradley said and Lindsey smiled. She then grabbed her note from Victoria.

"Bradley, at six years old, I ask my mom and dad what's a soulmate? They explained it to me, now it makes since, You have always been destine to be my soulmate.  From being playmates to flying together at Top Gun, you always been by my side, through the good and the bad. I wish your mom and dad could've lived but I know they are always with us and I know I would love and been honored to called them my in laws. Bradley, I love you so much. I will keep saying it over and over again until the day I leave this earth. I can't wait to go forth with this journey with you. love you." Lindsey said with smile.

"You may kiss your bride." Bradley didn't had to be told twice as he pressed his lips to hers and the whole church erupted in cheers.

Lindsey knew one thing, she was excited for this journey with Bradley....

...................