Continuous Knocks

It had only been a few days since Steve received a call from Ruben.

Herobrine had signed a one-time contract and it'll be fulfilled once the studio finish the projects stated on it. Neither of them bothered to read the fine text on the paper but Steve made sure that the pay was written correctly and is 150 every hour.

If he was given that salary rate, he'll take the job without even knowing what he was assigned to do. Even if he had to clean bathrooms every day, he'll do it in a heartbeat.

"Herobrine, you're getting paid on the hour, right?" Steve asked him.

Herobrine nodded in response.

"Don't rush things, you need to make your work as long as possible!" he exclaimed. Steve started explaining the logic behind pooping on company time.

"I see... so on jobs I have to take a lot of breaks."

"Well..." Steve trails off. Herobrine probably won't get in trouble... Not probably, he definitely won't. But at the same time, should this be the takeaway lesson for Herobrine's first job...? Steve thought about it for a moment.

It should be fine...

"Call a taxi or ask somebody to drive you to this place on the paper," Steve gives him a piece of paper and a couple of bills. "On the back is the address of the apartment."

"I know where the apartment is..." Herobrine grumbled as he made his way to the front door.

"Remember to take things slowly at work!" Steve called out after him.

Herobrine raised an arm before leaving, closing the door behind him.

Steve let out a sigh, grinning. This must be what parents feel when they send their kids in on their first day of school.

Now that Herobrine's going to be gone for a while... Steve hurried into the bedroom, jumping onto Herobrine's bed. No, his bed. It was his bedroom in the first place until Herobrine came in and announce it was his. Steve still kept his belongings in the room but he had to sleep on the couch.

He grabs the blanket, pulling it around him. He misses the soft cushion of his mattress and the warmth of a thick blanket. All he had on the couch was a spare towel.

When Herobrine gets back with his pay, maybe Steve could buy another mattress. There isn't really any room for another bed so it'll have to be on the floor... A mattress on the floor... Steve thinks about it for a moment.

Isn't that called a futon or something....? Steve peers over at the side of the bed. There's definitely space to put something next to his bed. Futons should be cheaper than a mattress too...

Steve rolls back to the middle of the bed, pressing his face onto his pillow. He paused, smelling something familiar.

A minty but woody scent.

Steve lifts his head from the pillow, scowling.

Herobrine's definitely using his shampoo... He should have known since there were only his own hygiene bottles in the bathroom.

He sighs. Guess he's going to have to buy Herobrine's own hygiene bottles and a futon.

Speaking of which, Steve didn't see Herobrine move in with any belongings... He got up from the bed and looked around. He pulled open the drawers and then checked the closet. He even looked in the corners of the bedroom to see if Herobrine had hidden anything.

There wasn't anything besides clothing...

Now that Steve thinks about it, he doesn't really know much about Herobrine. All that he knows is that he's immortal and lived a long time...