Short Love

Herobrine and Steve stood side by side with sweat beading down both of their faces. They were quiet, their eyes trained on what was in front of them.

They didn't dare to speak as it would only serve as a distraction at this crucial time.

Steve's eyes narrowed as it looks like it was time. Of course, he could get a stopwatch but what good does it do if the timing isn't the same every single time?

Herobrine glances at Steve who gives him a slight nod.

Both of them had tongs in their hands, positioned to readily use. Herobrine cautiously uses the tongs to flip over the meat on the pan. Steve's eyes widened as he saw the color on the other side.

"Now, Herobrine!

Herobrine was already on the task before Steve even finished his words. In a quick motion, he pulled the meat out of the pan and onto a plate. The second one was out on another plate just as fast. With another hand, he turned the heat on the stovetop off.

"Was that good timing?! How does it look?" Herobrone asked, excitedly.

Steve grinned, looking at the perfectly cooked pork chops. At least, it looks perfectly cooked on the outside. "You did well."

As Herobrine celebrated his victory, Steve scooped the mashed potatoes he made himself onto both of the plates. Now that he's in front of the two plates, it smells so wonderful.

He carries the plate over to the counter-height table, placing it down. Herobrine was already in his seat with a fork and knife in his hand. He doesn't do anything more but start watching Steve instead.

Steve takes his seat and picks up his utensils, looking down at the porkchop that Herobrine made. When Steve's fever went away, they had been cooking. The first few days were tough as Herobrine kept burning them. Somehow, he managed to burn eggs as well. Lately, it's been getting better but still, the food is coming out a bit burnt. Steve decided that he'll manage the time for today while Herobrine takes care of making the pork chops.

Herobrine watches as Steve starts cutting the meat and then stabbing it with his fork. He slowly leans forward as Steve puts it into his mouth. Herobrine held as breath as Steve chews it and then swallows the food.

Steve slowly sets down his utensils with a dazed look on his face.

Herobrine's face fell. He wonders what he had done wrong. He was sure that he followed every step of that recipe. He even went out to buy books filled with recipes.

"It's delicious..." Steve mumbled.

"D-delicious...?!" Herobrine stood up, slamming his palms on the countertop. "Did you say it was delicious?!"

"It's so good!" Steve said, louder this time. "Homemade food really is the best!"

Herobrine quickly picked up the entire porkchop with his fork and took a bite. As soon as he tasted the tender meat, he quickly took another bite. It is delicious! Much better than any food that he had gotten before. Even better than that meal he received from an old grandmother! The meat was tender, soft, and juicy–the complete opposite of how he made his food before. The seasoning that the recipe instructed him to put on makes it so much better.

"You're right!" Herobrine exclaimed. He took a large scoop of mashed potatoes along with the pork. "Andmashphotatoesogood!" he said in the middle of chewing.

The two quickly stuffed their faces with the mashed potatoes and the pork chops.

And so, Herobrine had successfully made pan-seared pork chops (with a little help).