Valentine's Day Special

It's Valentine's Day. It was a day when couples spend their most romantic day of the year together. They'd go on dates, have romantic dinners, or something like that.

"Hmph... Why would you want to do all that when you can just stay home and relax?" Steve loudly proclaimed as he sat on the couch, scrolling through dozens of pictures of couples hugging, holding hands, and so on.

With every photo Steve scrolled past, his demeanor cracked bit by bit. Eventually, he threw the phone across the room in a fit.

"Damn it! I wish I had a Valentine...!" he cried out. "Someone cute! Someone handsome! Ahhh, it doesn't matter!"

Steve sighed as he slumped back onto the couch. He should just give up. There's no hope for him.

He hears the apartment door open. Herobrine must be coming back from shopping or something similar. Steve was too low-spirited to greet him fully, raising an arm half-heartedly.

"Steve. I got something for you."

"I hope you bought ice cream," Steve mumbled. Something fell on his lap. He glanced down to see a bouquet of roses alongside a heart-shaped box.

Steve blinked at them. It took a few moments to even process what they were.

Valentine's gifts.

Steve's face brightened as he turned to Herobrine. "H-Herobrine! Are you..." he trailed off, seeing Herobrine.

In his arms were more bouquets of roses alongside a dozen or so boxes. A few of them had already dropped to the floor, enabling Steve to see just how much of a variety Herobrine has.

"I got free candy and flowers," Herobrine told him with a wide smile. "I got a lot more this year."

They weren't for him as Valentine's gift.

Steve pursues his lips as he feels himself start to tremble.

Herobribe must have gotten all while walking around! If Steve had walked around expecting gifts, he'd be ridiculed until the day he died. But with Herobrine, it was different... It was just so unfair!

He threw the chocolate box he received right at Herobrine, hitting him straight on the forehead.

"Damn it!!!" Steve shouted out. He threw the bouquet at him as well but it missed. "Why isn't that me?! Why did the writer make me this way!?!"

Herobrine scowled, wondering what was with Steve. Lately, he seems to be low-spirited.

He looked down at all the gifts he received and then back at Steve who seems to be sulking.

"Steve... if you go outside, you'd be able to get a lot of gifts too."

"I won't...." Steve sighed. "Besides it's not the same..."

"What do you mean? It's all free anyway."

Steve gave another sigh. Someone like Herobrine wouldn't understand anyway. Most likely all of the gift-givers' advances were blown off without much thought. No that was probably exactly what happened.

Poor Steve, if only he had a person to spend Valentine's with!

"I can if you can write someone that'll take me out on a romantic dinner or something..." Steve muttered angrily.

Oh, what's that? It seems like Herobrine has a coupon in his hands.

Steve turned and there was, indeed, a coupon in Herobrine's hand. He had set all the other gifts aside.

A wide smile spread across Herobrine's face. "I got a coupon for a restaurant, let's go there tonight! It says that we can eat for free."

"For free?" Steve headed over to Herobrine to take a look at the coupon. "What kind of coupon lets us eat for free?!"