Familiar Face

Steve was so paranoid that he didn't want to leave his apartment.

Herobrine stands in the doorway with folded arms. "How long are you going to hole yourself in here?"

Steve rolled over to the edge of the bed to face Herobrine, completely wrapped in the blanket. He looks horrible, considering that he hasn't slept well the past few days. Dark shadows were under his eyes as he smiled wearily.

"It's too dangerous to leave here," Steve told him. "They can be anywhere... anyone..."

Herobrine sighed as he walked over to the bed. He grabs the blanket wrapped around Steve. "Nothing's going to happen, Steve." He tugs on the blanket, trying to pull it off.

Steve fought back, wrapping himself tighter. "It will! You don't know! They're probably spying on us!"

Herobrine had watched Steve's downward spiral. He wasn't even able to open the package of the futon and hygiene products he had ordered, afraid it was some sort of trap.

At least Herobrine was able to sleep on that futon since Steve took up the bed.

"It's fine! If they come, I'll protect you!"

"It's better to stay safe! You can't protect me all the time!"

"I think you're worrying too much! Just come out and you'll see!"

"No way! They'll come! They'll get me for sure!"

The two wrestle for the blanket but Herobrine was clearly stronger. Steve holds onto the remaining of his blanket as if his life depends on it, struggling to even remain on the bed.

There was a series of knocks on the door and the two paused in their tug-of-war, turning their heads to the entrance.

"T-t-they're here!" Steve jumps out, clinging to Herobrine's body. "Y-you said you'll protect me, right?!"

There was another knock on the door. Herobrine narrowed his eyes.

Could Steve really be right? The organization was actually going to come back for him?

Maybe he had grown too lax in dangerous situations.

"Stay here," Herobrine tells Steve who slides off of him. As Herobrine approaches the door, Steve peeks out from the bedroom door.

Steve was terrified, both for himself and Herobrine. Even Herobrine was cautious, slowly reaching for the doorknob.

If they appear in front of them at the apartment building then they must be confident they can get away. Sofie and Barry weren't exaggerating about how dangerous this organization is.

If they think they can take Steve away before his eyes then they'll clearly be mistaken. If it was the two goons Herobrine had beaten up previously, it was clear that they did not learn their lesson.

His eyes flashed dangerously as he reached for the doorknob.

Steve quickly ducked away from view as Herobrine grabs the doorknob and swings the door open.

"Hey, I—AHHH?!"

There was a high-pitched shriek that caused Steve to jump. He rushed out of the bedroom and onto the living room, fully expecting the worst.

Herobrine has grabbed the cuff of a woman's shirt, lifting her a few inches above the ground.

"Do you work for that organization?" Herobrine growled. "Answer me honestly."

The woman was confused and terrified at the same time. "I... What... Wh-what are you—" she pauses as her eyes land on Steve. "—Steve?!"

Steve's eyes widened as he began to recognize the woman in Herobrine's grip. She looks practically the same as the last time Steve saw her. The long, bright orange hair... the green eyes....