The Eyes of Izanagi

A/N: Lumine flies through the ranks with ease with her fungi. Eventually coming to face off against Layla and move to the finals. Xiaolumi and co decide to camp out and bond with their fungi.

...............................................

Meeting Layla had been a startling experience for Lumine as her first encounter had been of the girl sleepwalking or er...sleep fighting!? She was not sure what to call it. So this had been her first encounter with the girl wide awake and for tiny week old Solis her first encounter with an allogene that was not Cyno, Tighnari, Collie, Candace, Dehya, or Alhaitham. The poor sleep deprived astrology student was also taking part and struggling to find fungi. The retired ermite taking her leave.

So Lumine, especially with her excited and inquisitive daughter's keen senses, found Layla the team she would need. However what had delighted her was seeing Miko was in Sumeru not long after handing a now tired Solis to Xiao. So with a smile she raced over while Xiao went over not far away to hop onto some crates. Vesperus snoozing away on his back, swaddled and wrapped securely as he let Solis have her bottle. The tiny sun goddess eagerly ate as Lumine raced over with Layla after checking the qualifier brackets, "Big sis Miko~!"

The pink kitsune shrine maiden's ear gave a twitch at the call. She knew that voice way too well and the astral flower scent was unmistakable. There was however the very strong lace of two new scents mixed in. One smelled of fire and a tropical breeze, like spring. The other was like the smell of air after a heavy squall mixed with nocturnal blossoms. "Oh? I know that voice. Hello there little ones."greeted Miko as she giggled at the tackling embrace from the blonde.

"Hello Miko."greeted Xiao from where he sat not far away.

"Gah?"Nalini blinked curiously at the sight of the stranger. She had big fuzzy ears like uncle foxy but...no tail? "Where's her floof floof like uncle foxy?"she thought with a curious tilt of her head.

"Sure enough Lumine-chan and Xiao-chibi you're at the center of attention again."Miko's mischievous smile as she returned the hug in greeting. "What's more I see you delivered, won't you introduce me to your kits, little ones?"

Xiao watched cautiously as the fox yokai walked over with the curious staff she had brought with her. Those instincts not sure how to feel of the miko coming over but Lumine wasn't worried and though tiny and so young the twins didn't seem frightened. Solis was fighting to stay awake, her chubby little clenched hands rubbing her face. Yawning as she extended her fuzzy wings as she looked up at the smiling stranger. She didn't smell dangerous, she smelled like pretty flowers almost like her brother's trees and pretty water flower auntie that had given her the lotus in her hair. "Who are you, fox person?"she wondered sleepily as Miko took her into her arms.

"Hey, kitsune, what are you doing!?"hissed Xiao.

"It's ok, Xiao she won't hurt Nalini."assured Lumine.

Miko had the most joyful and tender of smiles as she giggled tickling tiny Solis's cheek. The little sun goddess's laughter made the skittish author and the staff swoon at the sight. "So that's really Suzuku-sama's daughter?"wondered one. Miko gave a pleased hum at seeing the infant sneeze at having her nose be tickled by a clawed finger .

"Yes. This is one of the two gods born that caused the eclipse, dear. The one I'm holding, Nalini-hime the shogun, started calling her Amaterasu Ōmikami. The little boy on his father's back is her brother, Tsukuyomi no Makoto. They are the gods of the sun and the moon as such, please show these precious children the same respect you would their parents and the Electro Archon."informed Miko sternly as she carefully handed Xiao back to Nalini as she began to drift off.

"Yes Lady Guuji-sama."

"Yes chief editor!"

"It's great to see you again Miko, I'm glad we got to finally introduce you to Nalini and Bakari."grinned Lumine in delight.