Radiant, Part Seven

A few days passed by in the infirmary.

And Pan Wukun was still being subjected to the chatterbox that was Wei Wuxian.

"So I took the junior disciples out to get some watermelons. Then we put some dogs to sleep and stole chickens and-"

"Wei-gongzi! Pan-xiushi! You have visitors!" the GusuLan healers announced.

Jiang Cheng and Jiang Yanli entered the infirmary.

"Jiang Cheng! Shijie!" Wei Wuxian called joyfully.

"A-Xian!" Jiang Yanli came over to Wei Wuxian's side with a smile. "Are your bones feeling better?"

Wei Wuxian grinned. "Never felt better!" He stretched his arms up high and punched his hands in the air. "Look! I can move around again!"

Jiang Yanli giggled, patting Wei Wuxian on the head. "Such a relief that A-Xian is well again!"

Wei Wuxian hummed in contentment.

Jiang Yanli moved over to Pan Wukun's side. "Ah. Pan-xiushi. We are finally able to properly meet."

"Yes. Wei-gongzi has told me much about you, Jiang-guniang. Much praise about your exquisite cooking." Pan Wukun rubbed her stomach. "And he was right. I enjoyed the gift basket very much, Jiang-guniang."

Jiang Yanli beamed. "I am glad to know that you enjoyed it."

"Hm. Hm." Wei Wuxian and Jiang Cheng nodded in agreement and approval.

"Pan-xiushi, I never got to properly thank you in person. But now..." Jiang Yanli bowed down from her waist. "Thank you for saving A-Xian." She sent Jiang Cheng an encouraging smile.

Jiang Cheng cleared his throat and bowed too. "Yes. Thank you, Pan-xiushi."

Pan Wukun sheepishly rubbed the back of her head. "Of course. It was nothing, really."

"Zewu-jun!" The healers greeted Lan Xichen as he entered the infirmary.

"Wei-gongzi, Pan-xiushi. Good afternoon. How are your injuries faring?" Lan Xichen asked.

Wei Wuxian and Pan Wukun both confirmed that they felt much better.

"Good! Thanks to a job well done by the healers." Lan Xichen commended the healers.

"Your praise is too kind, Zewu-jun. We are merely fulfilling our duties." Although the healers acted in a calm and collected manner, they were most definitely pleased with Lan Xichen's compliments.

"Pan-xiushi, you must have had many years to acquire such expertise on battling a Waterborne Abyss." Lan Xichen regarded Pan Wukun curiously. "How long have you been a rogue cultivator, Pan-xiushi?"

"Two years." Pan Wukun wondered why Lan Xichen was questioning her all of a sudden. He must be gathering info on her for the GusuLan sect's assessment of the Waterborne Abyss situation.

"I see. And how old are you, Pan-xiushi?"

"Seventeen."

"Eh?" Jiang Cheng uttered.

Surprised expressions appeared on Lan Xichen and Jiang Yanli's faces.

"Huh?!" Wei Wuxian's eyes bulged. "You're older than me?!" He pointed a trembling finger at Pan Wukun. "But-but you're shorter than me!"

Pan Wukun crossed her arms. "So sorry, Wei-gongzi, that I got my shortness from both of my parents. I was not lucky enough to be the sprout that outgrew its predecessors."

Jiang Yanli placed her hand on top of Wei Wuxian's, stopping his sputtering and calming him down.

Lan Xichen chuckled. "So we're the same age, Pan-xiushi. No wonder you managed to take charge so well when we dealt with the Waterborne Abyss."