Radiant, Part Two

Here he was, in the flesh. The one and only Wei Wuxian himself.

A sigh came from behind Wei Wuxian. "Gongzi, are you all right? I commanded those men to leave so everything is fine now."

Oh. And Jiang Cheng was here too.

The Yunmeng Bro Duo.

In her mind, Pan Wukun cursed. - I've met and trained Meng Yao. Shouldn't that have canceled this kind of bad luck out? What the everloving fuck, Universe?!

Wei Wuxian and Jiang Cheng were both members of YunmengJiang sect. Head senior disciple and sect heir, respectively.

So Pan Wukun knew that she will have to act polite and civil.

"Yes. I am all right. Thanks to you both." Pan Wukun saluted. "Greetings, I am Pan Chun, courtesy name: Wukun, of...actually, I am not affiliated with any sect."

Wei Wuxian and Jiang Cheng both saluted back.

"I am Wei Ying, courtesy name: Wuxian, of YunmengJiang."

"I am Jiang Cheng, courtesy name: Wanyin, of YunmengJiang."

With pleasantries out of the way, now Pan Wukun needed to find out what the hell these two were doing here. "What exactly brings Wei-gongzi and Jiang-gongzi to this town?"

"We're on our way to Gusu!" Wei Wuxian answered. "GusuLan sect recently sent out invitations to all the prominent sects' young masters to attend its year-long lectures."

So it was just before the Cloud Recesses School arc started. As if Pan Wukun didn't want to stay as far away as possible from Gusu already.

Wei Wuxian leaned closer to Pan Wukun. "What about you, Pan-gongzi? What are you doing in this town?"

Pan Wukun inched back. "I'm just passing through. And please refer to me as 'Pan-xiushi'. Other than practicing the cultivation arts, I am but a humble farmer."

"Humble farmer? But you were really cool in your match against The Valiant today!" Wei Wuxian's eyes seemed to sparkle. "What was that move you used? Ah! The Fist of the Rock, Scissors, Paper!"

Pan Wukun froze. "Wait. You were watching that?" To think Wei Wuxian was somewhere in that crowd and she never noticed him! Were her "canon character danger senses" degrading?

Wei Wuxian laughed. "Yeah! We were!" He wrapped an arm over Jiang Cheng's shoulder. "It was quite the show, wasn't it, Jiang Cheng?"

Jiang Cheng sighed. "Yes. Yes, it was."

Wei Wuxian got off of Jiang Cheng and faced Pan Wukun again. "Pan-xiushi, you said you were not with any sect. So does that mean that you're a rogue cultivator?"

Pan Wukun nodded. "Yes, that's correct, Wei-gongzi."

Wei Wuxian's eyes seemed to sparkle again. "How cool! I've never met any rogue cultivators before!"

Shit. Wei Wuxian was getting too enthusiastic. Pan Wukun needed to leave now! "Uh. My apologies, but it's late and I'm exhausted. I must go."

Wei Wuxian pouted. "Eh?! But we've barely talked! Do you really have to go so soon?"

Jiang Cheng placed a hand on Wei Wuxian's shoulder. "We should be leaving soon too, Wei Wuxian. A-jie's[1] still waiting for us back at the inn. She's probably realized we're gone by now and is worried sick about us."

Wei Wuxian's eyes softened. "Ah...that's true."

This surprised Pan Wukun.

Wait. Jiang Yanli was going to the Cloud Recesses too?