Radiant, Part Eight

"I accept your offer. I shall teach you the breath-saving method I used on Wei Wuxian."

The GusuLan healers in the infirmary regarded Pan Wukun with stunned silence. Then they all looked at each other, their eyes lighting up.

Pan Wukun could've sworn she saw some of them smile, for just a split second.

The GusuLan healers bowed in gratitude. "Many thanks, Pan-xiushi. You shall be paid generously for your services. We shall handle accommodations. You and Meng-xiushi can continue to stay in a guest room here at the Cloud Recesses."

Pan Wukun felt relieved. At least she and Meng Xingyao wouldn't have to worry about housing and shelter for the duration of their stay here.

Hooray for making and saving money!

When Pan Wukun met up with Meng Xingyao again, he was visibly relieved that she was in good health.

When she told him that they were both going to stay at the Cloud Recesses a while longer, he went silent. A little too silent...

Ultimately though, Meng Xingyao agreed with Pan Wukun that working with the GusuLan sect's infirmary was beneficial to them.

Good for Meng Xingyao to be so deep and silent in thought when considering an important decision. Pan Wukun could always count on him for being the brains.

Wonderful. Everything was proceeding quite nicely...

———————————————————

Pan Wukun went out into Gusu City, enjoying a bowl of noodles inside a restaurant. It wasn't as good as Peng Jiu's, but at least it didn't murder her taste buds.

A waiter tapped Pan Wukun's shoulder. "Pardon me, sir. A young man named Wei Wuxian is asking for you."

"What?!"

"He's waiting for you on the first floor."

Pan Wukun left her table and looked downstairs.

"Chun-ge!" Wei Wuxian waved up at her enthusiastically. "I heard that you were still in Gusu so I decided to stop by and see you!"

He held up two jars of Emperor's Smile. "Come and drink with me! I've got some Emperor's Smile here! It's the most heavenly drink you'll ever taste! Trust me!"

Usually, Pan Wukun would've vehemently refused. But she needed to get closer to Wei Wuxian. This was her chance!

Pan Wukun placed her payment on the dining table. Wei Wuxian was lucky he arrived right when she just finished her noodles.

"All right, Wei-gongzi. I'll come with you," she said.

"Yes!" Wei Wuxian spun around happily with the jars of Emperor's Smile swinging in his hands.

He bounced in excitement as Pan Wukun followed him outside.

Pan Wukun didn't even have to seek Wei Wuxian out.

Wei Wuxian came to her himself.

How convenient...

She wasn't sure whether to consider that a blessing or a curse.

———————————————————

Wei Wuxian and Pan Wukun sat down at a secluded field of grass.

"What's with the two jars of Emperor's Smile?" Pan Wukun asked. "Surely, you don't expect the two of us to finish all of that without dying of alcohol poisoning?

"Oh! About that! Jiang Cheng and I are holding a drinking party in our room along with the other sect disciples!"

"Your room?" Pan Wukun raised an eyebrow. "You mean your room within the Cloud Recesses? Isn't drinking forbidden there?"