Radiant, Part Eleven

"I brought some books from the Library Pavilion like you asked, Chun-ge."

Pan Wukun looked over the pile of books Wei Wuxian placed on the ground.

Cultivation history, methods of cultivation, and cultivation artifacts...

Good. Wei Wuxian had managed to gather the books relevant to her quest back home.

Pan Wukun and Wei Wuxian had agreed to meet at a peaceful grove of trees that people didn't frequent. They didn't need anyone questioning why Pan Wukun, who was not a guest disciple at the Cloud Recesses, was reading books from the Library Pavilion without permission.

"While you're studying, Chun-ge, I'll just enjoy myself!" Wei Wuxian pulled out some erotica books.

Pan Wukun snorted in amusement. "Of course, you would be reading that."

As Wei Wuxian flipped open an erotica book, Pan Wukun peeked. He was looking at both het and gay erotica?! She knew that Wei Wuxian showed Lan Wangji gay books as he said so at the guest disciples' party. But for him to be casually reading gay books now...did that mean he was aware of his bisexuality?

"Wei Ying...have you thought that you might hold affections for more than just women?"

Wei Wuxian blinked. His face rapidly turned pink. "Um...um..."

"It's all right. No rush," Pan Wukun said gently.

"Chun-ge..." Wei Wuxian's voice grew quiet. "You mean be like you? Being attracted to both men and women?"

"Don't forget those who aren't men or women either," Pan Wukun added.

Wei Wuxian seemed a little confused by that but he nodded anyway.

"Think about it, Wei Ying. Don't you find Lan-er-gongzi quite handsome?"

"...Yes! I can't deny that! He is one of the Twin Jades and ranked as the second most handsome man in the cultivation world, after all!" Then Wei Wuxian frowned. "But I wish he wasn't such an uptight jerk."

Seeing the disheartened expression on Pan Wukun's face, Wei Wuxian quickly said, "I know. I know. I should give him a chance and get to know his nice side."

Wei Wuxian leaned closer to Pan Wukun and winked. "I also think you're pretty handsome yourself too, Chun-ge!"

Pan Wukun leaned back and turned her face away from Wei Wuxian's. "Oh, stop it! You're just saying that to be nice!"

Pan Wukun didn't think she had anything to worry about. Wei Wuxian was always the teasing type. The one he had a crush on was Lan Wangji, not her!

Wei Wuxian chuckled at Pan Wukun's flustered state. Then his face turned thoughtful. "About whether or not I'm attracted to more than just women...I'm still not too sure myself, Chun-ge."

"That's totally fine, Wei Ying. There's no need to dwell on it too much." Pan Wukun gave Wei Wuxian a serious expression. "Just let yourself have feelings. Don't repress them. Don't feel ashamed about being attracted to whoever you may have affection for."

Wei Wuxian mulled over Pan Wukun's words. He focused his eyes on her and laughed softly. "Yes...I'll make sure to remember that, Chun-ge."

Pan Wukun smiled reassuringly at Wei Wuxian. She hoped he wouldn't have trouble with his feelings for Lan Wangji later.

The two of them continued reading over their books under the shade of the trees in the tranquil peace of each other's company.

Pan Wukun rubbed her eyes. She had been poring over the books for so long that she was starting to feel kind of sleepy. But sleepy enough that she didn't have the energy to walk all the way back to her guest room in the Cloud Recesses.