CH 18 || Trapped For Eternity

Aditi

******

The night of the party I had slept in another room as being with Vidyut didn't seem right. I had assorted reasons for it. The secret shared by Linda, Vidyut's abhorrent comportment, and lastly, me being sexually involved with another man, giving him immense power over my body and my soul.

I was fully conscious that I had cheated Vidyut. It was me who loved him more than my life yet became the source of infidelity. It was abashed, but I couldn't control myself. Tears spilled out when I realized I had committed a grave sin for which there was no forgiveness. Even if I ever try, I was aware I could never repent for it because I never considered it a misdeed. I was crying not because I was in guilt, instead, I didn't feel wrong, being involved with Aahir.

It had always felt right.

As if, it was meant to be, me and Aahir. I knew it was all lust, attraction, temptation, nothing more than that but I yearned to be burned in those hankering of ours.

I wanted to cross more confines that were rankling me, jumbling my emotions.

At the thought of him, my tears dried, I thought more of him. The way he almost burst a blood vessel when found Louis manhandling me. It was intense, the way he had been claiming me. I was a self-reliant woman and for the first time wanted to be dependent on someone, to be dominated by the owner of the pair of irradiated deep black eyes that usually turns gunmetal.

My lips curled up thinking how I had straddled him in the car to nurse his wound. He had saved me and the way he hit Louis, it seemed he would kill him.

Will someone go that far just for a woman he was sexually attracted to?

The question niggled my mind. How desperate I was to find the answer but was mindful it won't be easy. Furthermore, I didn't want to find any answers and wanted to commit peccable mistakes. Looking for answers might have filled me up with guilt and I wasn't prepared for that.

The makeout session in the car was unlooked for, yet hot. I touched my lips reminiscing how his felt on mine. The manner he wanted our eyes locked while worshipping my body I never knew I desired that too.

"Aditi." My rumination fizzled out, hearing Vidyut. I turned to the other side instantly. He had stepped inside of the room, upon not getting an answer from me.

"I know you are awake.", I heard him again. I felt the bed dipped when Vidyut took a seat on the other side.

"I am sorry. I know I should have done something to Louis. But you need to understand my point as well." After everything happened he needed me to acknowledge his shitty point of view.

Notwithstanding the fact that he knew I was awake, I chose to stay quiet.

"You know someone hurt him yesterday. I guess it was karma."

It wasn't karma, but Aahir.

"Take a day off today. We will go out on a date tonight." He stroked my hair and I fisted the duvet in my palm.

"Sweetheart, I will make up for my mistake, but, please do try to think from my point as well."

More than Vidyut asked for absolution, he reminded me to consider his vantage point. I was harassed and he didn't give a hoot about it. For him, his so-called honour was of much more significance. Prior, I was having thoughts to confess to him about me being involved with another man but that thought was somewhere petering out.

Vidyut left after asking me to go on a date with him at night. Since I wasn't feeling well I got up and walked back to our bedroom where I found my bag on the bedside cabinet. Vidyut might have kept it there, I mused. I had decided to stay away from Aahir for a few days for my sanity so I sent an email stating sick leave for two days.