CH 16 || Inception Of The Party Night

Aditi

******

A scarlet red satin low cut gown was the dress I wore for Vidyut's award ceremony. It was ethereal. Moreover, I loved the slit on the right reg. It was my kind of dress. A hue of red adorned my lips. I stroked them slightly. I could feel his lips over mine, erupting gooseflesh all over. The moment we shared had left an indelible impression over my mind and my heart too. How much I tried to efface it from my memories but I failed miserably.

"Aditi, baby are you done?"

"Just a min..." I used a coating of concealer to secrete the hickeys I was gifted by Aahir, even when I didn't intend to. As a matter of fact, I didn't want them gone. I wanted them to be there, on my skin, reminding me of what I did. It was insane, wicked of me, but my insanity had lost the moment that enigmatic man treaded in my life.

After the kiss, last night, my mind went into a haze. The lack of food and work overload had debilitated me, resulting in me losing my consciousness, into the bargain.

When I opened my eyes, I found myself in an unfamiliar environment. It was Eva's house.

Eva fed me tonnes of food as if I would die without them. She wasn't taking a no for an answer as per the instructions received by Aahir. That's what she had told me. Aahir was gone but I wanted him there with me.

There was no point in enquiring Eva how I reached there, who carried me to her place. It was apparent. I didn't remember anything after the kiss but I did have some blurry visions. Aahir was narrating some gibberish words again in those flashbacks.

Ah! He was soon going to turn me in a noncompos mentis.

Aberrantly, I wasn't worried about Vidyut. Even when Eva told me that she had informed him via text that I was to stay with her he didn't mind. I didn't feel anything, unlike other times as his response was expected.

No pain, no happiness. I was neutral and had become used to his peculiar behaviour. It seemed that I had crossed the fringe of being disconsolate. My heart had shielded itself from the ravage which was still left for it.

Vidyut had sent my clothes to her house as requested by her, the very next day in the morning, All day in the office, I didn't meet Aahir. My tasks were assigned by Richard but my eyes craved to see the pair of those illuminated, esoteric, black ones.

It might sound evil but I was yearning to see him. The previous night while kissing him I had witnessed the tinge of concern. That man had started to drive me crazy. I did ponder over the last time when Vidyut had held me with love and kissed me but it was too long to even reminisce about all the details.

That memory had almost waned.

"Aditi, your one minute isn't over yet?" Vidyut's voice brought me to my unacceptable present. It didn't matter to what extent I was getting attracted to another man but the immutable truth at the end of the day was, Vidyut was my husband.

The kiss with Aahir for me wasn't a mistake. It felt so right as if that's what should have been done way before. The fact that kissing Aahir wasn't making me feel guilty was distressing me.

I was guilt-free, as if I never committed anything immoral, even when I knew what I perpetrated was not right.

I was out of the closet and not even facing Vidyut instilled a sense of fear or culpability inside of me. Maybe because the last thread of my marriage, my hope, had broken already.

It was my hope that had bound us together for that long, despite being treated like an unwanted object. It was shattered, hitherto. My wedding had hit the rock bottom. The realization hit me trenchantly. I had fallen out of love, already, not because of anyone else, but Vidyut.