CH 38 || The Unlooked For Encounter

Aahir

******

"Don't they look adorable together?" Arvik was attempting to pester me as though I wasn't already when I saw Aditi and my family and friends there. They wanted to surprise us at our first month wedding anniversary which was in two days.

Arjun, who was Aditi's friend and her ex as well, was talking with her, and the manner in which they were comfortable with one another mainly caused me to become green with envy. It took me a while to accept the fact that I was envious of Arjun Malhotra.

"Your hand will be cleaved off if you don't stop here," Reyansh advised me to inspect the speed with which I was beheading the vegetables on the chopping board.

"As though I am frightened."

"Now I am," Arvik mumbled when I glared at him butchering the bits of carrots.

"Somebody is envious." I didn't anticipate that Reyansh would make fun of me. It was normal from Arvik however yet not him.

"Not you as well."

"You shouldn't be though. She is madly in love with you." I heard Dhriti, post entering the kitchen with Adya and Aarav.

I sighed and answered, "I know." I was aware of the amount Aditi loved me yet that feeling of jealousy wasn't going to leave me. Moreover, Aditi was hurt because of Arjun in the past that made me a smidgen more worried for her.

"Still he can't move past the way that London's conspicuous criminal legal counselor is his wife's ex and her closest friend as well." I feigned exacerbation at Arvik's remark and slid the slashing board on the counter for him to continue.

"Appears as though everybody is playing to be your enemy today." Aarav joined my friends' club to annoy me. If by some stroke of good luck If only I would have gotten a fair opportunity, I was confident, I would have treated them all a good lesson.

"Not me."

"Not me either."

However, the young ladies seemed to be my ally.

"You should go to her, she appears to miss your presence," Dhriti said, peering toward Aditi who to be sure was giggling yet looking to a great extent, maybe attempting to spot me.

Freeing myself from the apron, I put it on Arvik's shoulder and went to Aditi.

"If you don't mind, can I take my wife with me," I was very respectful with Arjun yet he was dead set on meddling with me. Before Aditi could get up he held her hand, absconding her to move.

"No." He said, smirking. Meanwhile, his eyes were at me as though he was having fun with whatever stupid game he was upto.

"Leave her," I said to him, considerately however harshly, and held Aditi's other hand.

"No."

"Yes, now."

"Not a chance. Not until you fulfill one condition." I raised my brows at him in confusion.

"Win the soup rivalry and take your better half. Lose it and my friend stays with me till we are here." I figured it would be easy since Aditi loved the food prepared by me and Arjun wasn't any professional like me. Be that as it may, the way Aditi gazed at me, inferred I was in some kind of trouble.

******

"Water." I coughed while Aditi scoured my back. She poured one more glass and gave it to me. My eyes were teared and I was breathing fire. My inner parts were burning. I stumbled into difficulty brought about by Arjun. It was anything but a cooking contest yet was to drink a soup made by Aditi that he liked. I never realized Aditi could make something like that too that had a ton of chilies. I was never a chilly fan. I hated them.