CH 28 || The Venator

Author

******

Aahir was busy talking with Jenny who had come to take her wallet she left the last time. Aahir used her arrival to his advantage and mended things with her. Although she knew Aahir well, so, it wasn't hard for her to reconcile with him. Moreover, Aahir made one thing clear to her that he would never call her just for venting out his frustration. Gone were the days when Aahir used to vent out sexually. Things changed for him, all because of Aditi.

Jenny was flabbergasted and a bit impressed by the man she was discoursing with. It wasn't the one she had met for the first time. He seemed changed to her but she didn't voice it out.

Jenny was waiting for Arvik who had gone to take up some of his files from Aahir's study. They both were to leave together. When he didn't come for a long time, Aahir went to check on him.

He found him on the stairs only, muddled.

"What's wrong?" Aahir asked.

"I think I messed up."

"Messed up?"

"I found Aditi on the stairs staring at you and Jenny. All I said was you guys are close and she ran away at a jet speed. I wasn't even finished then and now I think she took it in the wrong way."

"Fuck!" Aahir cursed before he ran off to the room they both slept in the preceding night. Aditi wasn't there so he went to his bedroom. That room was vacant too but he could hear the sound of a running shower.

The door of the washroom was opened so he barged in all distressed. He found her standing under the shower, sobbing with her mouth covered with her palms. Aahir turned off the shower, pulled her to him, and yelled, "What are you doing?"

Aditi was alarmed and then glowered at him.

"Leave me," she shouted with the same verve.

"What's wrong with you?"

"Go to your girlfriend." Aditi was tussling to set herself free from Aahir's clutch.

"What girlfriend?" Aahir knew whom she was referring to but couldn't understand how a well-known journalist could act impulsively. She didn't even hear Arvik completely and had reached an uncorroborated conclusion.

Though the truth was, she wasn't to be blamed.

If she would have been using only her brain things would have been different, but, the fact was her heart was involved too. To be precise the share of the indulgence of her heart was enormous.

"The one kissing you. Probably she was the one who gave you a hickey, right?"

"Her name is Jenny and no she is not my girlfriend." Aahir emphasized the term 'not' more as compared to the other vocables.

"I do not believe you. I heard from Arvik, that you guys are close." Her heart was burning more than what Vidyut's behaviour would use to do. Aditi finally freed her hand but was later confined between one of the walls and Aahir's brawny arms.

"Yes, we are close. I have known her for the past four years. We did have some sexual encounters in the past but that's it. Do you get that?"

They weren't conversing but yelling, like two enraged, psychotic beings.

"All Arvik told you was that we are close, right? Did he say she was my girlfriend?" Aditi was tongue-tied because she then found the base of her blames as nothing but garbage.

"Answer me." Aahir bawled, hitting his right fist on the wall. Aditi was daunted, terrorized but her feelings of worry were more. She held his hand and caressed the swollen part. She didn't want him hurt but it happened eventually.