CH 31 || The Egregious Crime

Author

*****

He was trembling, thinking about his corrupt deed. He wasn't in the right psychological state when he was hurting her. It seemed there was a soul of a monster inside of him when he was inflicting pain on the woman he had thought to spend his entire life with, rapturously.

"I...I hurt her." He faltered in ultimate shock. When an antiseptic was applied to his wounds by his mother he didn't even flinch. He couldn't feel the pain and was devastated by the fact that he hurt his wife frightfully. There was no way things could go back to how it was before.

Whatever he did could never be undone, not even in anyone's dream.

"Mom...I...I hurt her." He turned to his mother who saw the pain, the weakness of him, the same she witnessed in her husband's eyes once.

"No, you didn't." She stroked his hair. She couldn't let him walk the guilt path. He was the ammunition she needed to win the war she had called.

"You only schooled her. She needed to be disciplined, dear. You did the right thing." Justifying his son's hair curling act she embraced him. She was proud of him instead because he made things easier for her.

Vidyut wasn't a monster but Nisha raised him to be one and she was notably gratified by her upbringing.

******

There was a rush, a hastened, alarmed rush. It was happening, again. He was going through all of it, again. His heart was breaking again.

How harrowing it was for him to get back on his feet after he lost the one woman he loved the most, he wasn't ready to lose another. He was familiar with the fact that getting back from ashes won't happen one more time for him.

"Please move." The swarm of nurses raced to the Intensive Care Unit. The scenes were similar as compared to that of the one he had witnessed five years ago. The only variance was, the last time the person brought was dead and this time, there was still a chance for her to be fine.

It was the closest hospital he could have reached from the place he rescued her. Taking her back to the home or a multi-specialty hospital wouldn't have been preferable taking into consideration the wrought state he had found her in.

He was sitting on the iron bench placed in the hallway. It wasn't an environment that could have made him feel at ease. It was enveloped with the screams and moans of the people in agony; whispers over his recognition when a few people recognized him; Intercoms calling out for doctors and codes. His gaze swivelled over the wretched face of a man who had lost someone close to him.

At that point of time, he was tossed into the flashback of his evocative past. The present scenario wasn't any less dreadful than that.

Reyansh was fine, had gotten better, but rescuing Aditi took more than the required time.

The two best friends of Aditi were told that she was admitted to a hospital but only Dhriti made it to the place with Reyansh. She had asked Adya to stay back and had promised her she would come back with their friend. She was in pain but was coping, consistently praying for her friend to get better.

Things were severe for Aditi though. She had a massive amount of blood loss and several wounds all over. It wasn't facile to predict if she would even survive or not. Despite the fact that the doctors were trying hard, things were not in their favour.

Arvik noticed his friend going numb. He called him but didn't receive any response.

He was cold, void of any sentiment. His mien was sheathed by an ice shield. The squeaky wheelchairs and every sound to his ear were like a hammer on his head.