CH 22 || The Betrayal

Aditi

******

'What the hell did I just do?' I was stunned at the audacity of mine but more than that I was timorous. I let my emotions dominate me a few seconds back.

It never happened before. I had never splurted out like that ever. Even in fury, my words had been calculated that I never regretted later.

I was disquieted, pacing like a headless chicken in my cabin. It was a mess I landed up into, a dirty one basically. Aahir Arya made things worse for me. I would have been fine if he would have become the villain of my story but he had become a hero.

'He shouldn't have cared for me. No, he shouldn't have.'

It's all because of the realization, fucking reality messed up my mind. I knew it wasn't just attraction from my side but I didn't want to be conscious of my sentiments. I sat down on the chair and gulped the whole glass of water reminiscing when exactly I had the cognizance of my feelings.

Three days back I was on the way home when I received a call from Naisha. She was petrified and crying. I got scared and composed her, asking her to let me know what happened.

Her words stopped my heartbeat and I forgot to breathe for a second.

"Aahir got into an accident."

I asked my driver to take me to where that all happened. I started crying hysterically. I didn't know what came over me but I was in a plight, an awful one. The said destination informed by Naisha was empty. I lost my calm and broke down. With trembling fingers, I dialled Naisha only to hear her say, "It was all a prank."

It was all a fucking prank for her. I shouted at her for her childish manner. I wasn't doing fine. Before she could even reply I cut the call. Glad that it was a park, devoid of living entities.

I sat on the bench and let myself cool down. As soon as the dusk approached, the park was alive with humans roaming all over. It was a night park it seemed.

I was uncontrollable, nescient about how to pull myself together. My heart was beating wildly and was relieved that the news wasn't real. When I had pacified myself I decided to leave but couldn't when I found a young couple arguing over something.

"Where were you? I was so scared. Don't you dare pull that prank on me again," The guy was worried for the girl who was giggling and blushing.

"Why are you laughing now?" He seemed frustrated but had a concerned look on his face. He was fooled by her.

"Sorry, it was Lia's idea. She wanted to check if your love for me is real." She bit her lips, innocently. It seemed she didn't want to be the part of the prank her friend had played.

"You had a doubt?"

"Not me but Lia. She is my best friend and can be overprotective, you know."

The guy palmed her cheeks and uttered, "I can even die for you." The sincerity was immense, the same I had witnessed in the illuminating black orbs of Aahir every time.

"I know." The guy wrapped his arms around her before he kissed her temple, the same as Aahir did to me.

"I love you." The boy confessed to the girl.

That was it, the moment of dismal realization that not only I was fucking my husband's brother behind his back but I was actually in love with him. The care, the pain was there because I had fallen for him. There was no one to make me mindful that the realization would only bring doom at my service.