CH 27 || The Traitor

Aditi

******

It was remarkably offbeat that Aahir was my anchor. Not only the realization took place but I was even using him for my quietude. Not directly but obliquely. Holding his shirt closer to me, I was trying to be at peace. Though it wasn't much affecting as compared to his presence that would do wonders.

He was the ultimate solace of mine. Strange that my sinner was sole capable of fixing me.

My day went on without even hearing him. I was fed dinner and medicines by Lisa Aunty.

She did look at me strangely when found me in one of Aahir's shirts but she was the one who asked me to hold onto my anchor. I was only following her advice.

I had my food in silence. After she left I tried to sleep but all I could think of was my words that made a huge blunder. Aahir wasn't any saint but what I did was questionable. I wasn't that kind of person who would unnecessarily pull up someone else in her matters.

Whatever happened was between me and Aahir and I didn't hold any right to bring his parents.

I made up my mind to finally end the fiasco going on. I decided to have a sane talk with him, first thing in the morning.

******

The next day, I felt better than the past few days. The vitality was coming back to my body. After I freshened up and took a shower, I waited for Lisa Aunty to arrive but she didn't. There was no point Aahir would come to me but it was peculiar of her to not come and check up on me.

I decided to have a look myself. For some reason, the whole mansion felt creepier to me because of the quietness. No one came into my vicinity. On my way to the stairs, I found a staff busy cleaning.

"Where is Aunt Lisa?"

"She has gone out." I was contemplating whether to question Aahir's whereabouts but eventually, I did.

"Do you know where Aahir is?"

"He is at the office."

I was muddled. Aahir had been working from home all those days but suddenly decided to visit the office. In the past few days, he was accountable for my food, medicines. Even though I would usually hurl curses and shout, he would just take care of me. To stop me from protesting he would tie me up but I was failing to hate him. The reason was, I could see past his motives.

It could be another tactic to play me but no, it wasn't. Still, I needed time to process everything. I needed him to come clean to me for which he never seemed prepared. I went back to the room.

Hours passed by but there was no sign of either Aunt Lisa or Aahir. I was being impatient and was scared. Not only that but I was filled with fear.

I hated to admit but Aahir's presence would generally make me feel I was safe and without him beside me I was going deranged. I didn't give it a second thought and called him. He didn't pick up even after twenty calls. It seemed history repeating itself when I used to wait hours for Vidyut.

When I couldn't reach him, I called Aunt Lisa followed by Arvik hoping they would pick up at least but none of them did, that frightened me more. Till then, I was sure something had gone frightfully wrong.

Only one person was left to call, Reyansh. When I dialled his number the phone rang closer than I had anticipated.

"I am here." I looked over at the entrance and found him with a tray of food in his hand.