22

Edward left the estate soon after the therapy session. Up the road lied the beta cemetery.

Parking his car, Edward got out. He saw Dacre and Rosemarys headstones next to Ellie's.

He sat next to Ellie's grave. Every week he decorates the grave to make it look pretty. Edward does the same for Dacre and Rosemary.

"You look beautiful today El" Edward said. He fixed the wilted flowers on her grave. Replacing them with fresh Lillies.

"I had therapy today, I told Angeline that I was harming again, I know you hated it when I cut myself but it's not easy living without you" Edward said.

Reaching into his pocket he took out several blades. He dug a hole by the side of the headstone. Dropping the blades in before he fixed the hole again.

"I think it's best if you keep these for me, because I don't want to harm myself knowing you hated it" Edward said.

Suddenly a alpha car pulled into the cemetery. Edward didn't bother to react.

"Hi Ed" Gemma said. She sat next to him as he glanced at the grave. "Hi" Edward whispered.

Gemma took his hand gently as they sat together. "I love what you've done with the graves" She said. "I didn't want to make them look so dreadful" Edward said.

The wind picked up as the two sat together in the quiet cemetery. Gemma noticed the dug up hole next to Ellie's headstone.

"Did you put your blades in there" Gemma asked. "Yes" Edward said. "Why" Gemma asked. "I gave them to Ellie for my own good" Edward said.

"Did she ever catch you cutting" Gemma asked. He nodded slightly, going back to that day made him tear up.

"She asked me to show her my arm, when Ellie saw my scars I swear I saw her die a little on the inside" Edward said.

"What you did today by burying the blades with Ellie shows her that you aren't harming anymore I'm sure she's extremely proud of you Ed" Gemma said.

Edward saw a butterfly sitting on his shoe. He's read up on butterflies and death after Ellie passed. He smiled slightly. It must've been there for a while.

"I think she is more than proud" Edward said. The butterflies wings moved slightly. Gemma noticed the butterfly on her brothers shoe and smiled.

"Do you think she's here with us now" Gemma asked. Edward nodded, knowing Ellie's safe made him sane. "The same butterfly always visits me" Edward said.

He felt safe knowing Ellie is with him in spirit.