Chap 28)

╭──────────╮𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭╰──────────╯

╭──────────╮
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫
𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭
╰──────────╯

Poppy had temporarily lost her sight as a cartel guard forcibly shoved a black fabric bag over her head. The material brushed against the soft skin of her face as the sound of her breathing became louder to her now heightened sensitive ears. Her loss of not being able to see anything around her had only intensified her other senses.

She heard the scuff of heavy boots against the concrete while her right forearm was grabbed tightly. She didn't squeak a sound from her mouth as she was domineeringly spun around. The audible shift of the masked guard's gun was detectable to her as he did a swift body search.

He was not inappropriate with his hand placement when he patted her down for any weapons she might have hidden on her body. Confirming she did not wield any sharpened tools or keen blades on her, the guard rose to his feet from his crouched position and grabbed her wrists.

Pressing her warm inner wrists together, he dug his hand into his trouser pocket and took out plastic zip ties. Binding them around her wrists tightly, Poppy refrained from spitting a word of profanity at how roughly he had tightened them.

She knew her wrists would have galaxy rings around them once the uncomfortable plastic zip tie was permanently removed later on.

Ghost was lying prone on the desiccated soil beneath his body as he adjusted his tight grip on his sniper that was known to fire rapid penetrative shots.

The end of the silenced sniper rifle was pressed into his clothed shoulder while he peered down the scope to survey the villa. Once he had scanned the villa and the main building where the penthouse was located, he turned the weapon in his grasp to catch sight of Soap and Poppy.

The lieutenant knew that both Dargie and Soap were not only fearlessly brave but also valiant in voluntarily risking their safety to physically capture El Sin Nombre.

They had both removed their kevlar bulletproof vests and placed their guns down. No protective gear was wrapped around their bodies and no weapons were cradled close to their chests.

It was just them.

Just because they weren't equipped with firearms or grenades didn't mean they were weak and incapable of getting out of a difficult situation. They were more than capable of proficiently escaping dangerous environments, they just had to be meditative and vigilant of how they did it.

Poppy and Soap's training to resist verbal interrogation had been thrown straight out the window. They were going against what they had been taught to do if an enemy captured and attempted to interrogate them.