(20) Faultier

As I stepped outside of her building, worry building up inside me; I flashed back to the words Blair's pet threw at me.

*Flashback*

I strode into the main room with the shiny mirror box and the comfortable seating only to see the human pet leaned near my brother. Ever since formulating the plan to ignore Blair, they had been quite friendly. Nearly inseparable. They were speaking in hushed voices, the human's face flushed red. His eyes showed worry.

Worry was not common during their conversations. Neither was this leaning into Vollieri. I hiked up my hearing for one moment and I heard all I needed. "Blair."

"What has happened?" I asked urgently. "What is wrong with my beautiful human? She is too young to have died suddenly...Her physical health was good. Mental; not quite, but physical? Surely!"

"Faultier!" The human stood up suddenly and violently. " This is you're fault!" He hissed, storming towards me. "Blair ran off with the old hag next door! God only knows what they could have gotten into." He paused for a breath. "One time when Blair disappeared with Helena...or whatever her name is- She came home with a wad of cash the size of my face and a donkey who happened to have AIDS...drunk off her little ass!"

Worry struck within me. "Blair does not have a little ass! She has a beautiful backside, created of wonderful, natural human flesh."

Danny cringed. "You said that as if you were talking about organic fruits..." He then frowned deeper. "And that is not the point. You were the one ignoring her. That was what was freaking her out and now she's acting out!"

"You told me to do this!" I hissed before swinging around. "It doesn't matter. I must find her before she causes herself harm.

It did not prove to take long to find my little angelfish. She was mere feet outside of her home, hanging out of a filthy metal and glass box.

"Blair, my sweet, What are you doing in this dirty creature?" I asked gently.

She looked at me quickly as I walked closer to her. A grin lit her beautiful face. IT glowed so wonderfully under the artificial city lights. Her skin like cream, eyes like earth craved by so many sea creatures...Her hair like flames, making my eyes glow adoringly. She was perfect.

She giggled suddenly before throwing herself into my arms. "Oh Faultier! I missed you." She threw a messy kiss against my mouth. "Never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever ignore me again!" She kissed me again.

"Blair, you may wish, my sweet, to move away from that metal beast. To return home?"

"Hm?"Her hand moved swiftly down the length of my arm. I looked down at her curiously. "What do you mean?" She stumbled out of the monster, tripping on the air around her like a newborn fish failing to swim.

"And you are touching me? Willingly?" I smiled at her. She looked so innocent and wonderful. My perfect little seahorse.

Ignoring her these past few days had felt like an eternity. My entire existence felt useless...as if I no longer had any purpose other than Blair and by ignoring her...there was nothing left of me.

"You're beautiful, why wouldn't I touch?" She giggled. "My Mother had me surrounded in beautiful things, but never let me touch them. Now I've got this need to touch pretty things while i'm intoxicated." She wiggled her finger in my face. "Rich girl probs, right?"

"You are ridiculous little seahorse." I murmured to her with a smile.

She smiled innocently up at me.