(21) Blair

I consider myself to be a person who holds their liquor very well. Well, except when it's vodka or any kind of mixed drink with vodka in it. I don't know what it was, but vodka just turned me into a complete mess. I was known to make huge mistakes after a few shots of it, including, but not limited to defacing a Porsche, joining a cult, and sacrificing Danny to a few shady guys who were selling coke behind a Starbucks.

Let's just say he wasn't very happy with me and leave it at that. At least he's still alive today.

I'm not usually the type to wake up with raging hangovers, but vodka did terrible things, and I thought my head was actually split open when I came to this morning. I groaned lowly and felt that terrible weight settle over me. I just knew I had done something awful the night before.

After I had recovered enough to roll over, my stomach lurched and I had the urge to vomit. "Oh, shit," I whispered, covering my eyes with my hands, probably smearing the raccoon eyes I was rocking.

I don't vomit. I repeated the thought to myself until my stomach had finally settled.

Faultier was sleeping peacefully beside me. I could hear him breathing softly and I realized he had his arm slung over my hip.

It wasn't terribly hard to guess what we had did. I wasn't wearing any clothes and I ached all over.

I moved his arm and kicked the sheets off. My face caught flame when I caught sight of Faultier. He was very very fit. Of course, every time I had seen him before, he was wearing next to nothing, but somehow this was different. More intimate maybe.

Slowly, very slowly, I inched my way out of bed and stumbled to the bathroom. My thighs reminded me of how sore they were with every step. It was worse than I had imagined.

"Ah...fuck."

Right on the side of my left boob was a tattoo, and it wasn't any normal tattoo. It was the weirdest tattoo I had actually seen in person. It was a seahorse with its tail wrapped around a cherry. And to top it all off, "His little seahorse" was written in delicate cursive under it.

The skin was red and swollen and I flinched when I touched it. How drunk had I been last night? What else had I done?

The assortment of bruises and marks told the story. Love bites were scattered across my collar and down my sides. Pale bruises on my hips...it looked like I had some fun.

I snatched the terrycloth robe from the counter and slipped in on carefully. After fastening it, I tiptoed out of the room and slipped into my mother's room.

Danny was curled into a ball of blankets, cuddling a pillow. Strangely enough, Vollieri was sleeping on the other side of the bed.

I poked Danny's shoulder repeatedly until his blinked and squinted at me sleepily. "...Hi." He yawned and turned over. "I thought you had run away or something and left me with all these mermen."

"No, I was just smashed," I sighed.

"Told you that old lady's a bad influence," he muttered, swatting the air over Vollieri. He frowned before letting his arm drop back to his pillow.

I shook my head in confusion. "Why is Vollieri even here?"

"We fell asleep watching...I don't remember. It was something."

I rolled my eyes and tugged him out of bed. "Come on, I need to tell you something."

He groaned and glared at me. "Is it important?"

"Very. Groundbreaking, actually."

He sighed and gave me a look. "I guess we should make breakfast of it then."