(12) Blair

I woke up with Danny's arm slung over my ass and his face cuddled into the crook of my neck. "Ugh..." I groaned pushing him away. He proceeded to snuggle into my pillow after I untangled myself and fell off the bed.

"Nooooo...." I moaned softly, reaching for the mattress. I clumsily clawed my way back on and collapsed with my head on the end of the bed and my feet in Danny's face, but I couldn't bring myself to care. No...not even a tiny bit.

The smell of the ocean invaded my senses, and I sighed contently. The smell grew stronger. I frowned. Was Danny petting me? I knew he had a terrible penchant from groping ass, but the petting was new.

I squinted against the morning light filtering through the curtains. A pain shot up my leg and I realized that Danny couldn't possibly be stroking my hair.

My entire body stiffened and my eyes flew open. "Ahhhhh!" I squealed and rolled off the bed, scrambling to stand up.

"Faultier!" I hissed, my eyes narrowing at the crestfallen mermen holding his arms out .

"My love!" he exclaimed with his usual dopey grin. He seemed to register that I was not going to put up with his cheer and his expression slowly morphed into one of a cornered puppy. "My love..." he repeated, his tone hushed and hesitant.

I wiped the drool off my cheek and kicked Faultier's chest, knocking him on his back. He watched me with fear as I slowly advanced on him.

"Never. Wake. Me. Up."

He squeaked and nodded quickly, eyes wide.

"What are you doing now? Get out!"

He sprang up and sprinted to the door, allowing it to slam shut behind him. I looked behind me and sighed, Danny was still snoring like a steam boat.

Okay, I admit, Danny's snoring wasn't that bad. It definitely wasn't endearing. Haha, no. No. Not at all.

I threw the sheet off of him and smacked him with a pillow. "Rise and shine!"

He shakily flipped me off, moaning inaudible from behind the pillow. "If you don't get up, I'll smother you with that pillow!"

He brushed the pillow away and glared at me, but honestly, who could take someone with bed hair as bad as that seriously? "Friends don't threaten to smother friends," he informed me. "That's like, an unbreakable mutual trust thing everyone should have before they spend eight hours unconcious in the same room."

"Mmmhmm."

"That's why you shouldn't fall asleep at parties, but you never listen."

"It happened twice! And I didn't mean to!" I stumbled back, tripping over the sheet strewn across the floor. "Also, nothing bad happened."

"Ha! Only because of me."

"Yeah, yeah, my hero. Now get up. We need to feed the animals."

Danny narrowed his eyes thoughtfully and ran his fingers through his hair. "If we're sticking with that analogy, then can we put them in a cardboard box and leave them on a street corner?"

I scoffed. "There wouldn't be a box big enough."

"Shame," he tsked and dragged himself into sitting position. He cocked his head and rubbed his eyes. "God, I'm tired."

"That surprises me, you never do anything," I said, yawning myself. I stretched and started sorting through the clothes that were messily thrown in my dresser drawers. This mess was entirely my fault. The housekeeper put all my clothes in a laundry basket neatly folded, I just wasn't the type to keep it that way.