(13) Faultier

"Blair? I hope you know it is not noble to feed yourself to a beast just to save you're beloved! Think of all you have to live for, my sweet little Urchin! Think of our sons, Ozean, Wereldzee, Valtameri, Cefnfor..."

"Stop talking." Blair snapped, spinning around to face me and send me a look of disgust before turning into the beast and stepping in. "Just follow me. It's not a beast. It's a bus." 

I nodded following her lead, and waving my brothers to follow me in on long line. "You are upset with me, my love? Did you not like Wereldzee? I would understand, I cannot say it is my favorite either, but you musn't let it get between us. We can name them whatever your precious heart desires."

"Oh dear God!" Blair hissed, turning back to me as we all stood in a long line down the center of the already filled beast...or as my sweet Blair referred, bus. "Just stop speaking, please!"

"Why are you upset?" I looked to her pleadingly. "Have I done wrong?"

"Faultier. I woke up to you petting my goddamn hair this morning! It was fucking freaky!" She sighed, running one beautiful hand through her long, lovely mane. 

"Freaky? What is that word? I've heard it used before, though I can't say it makes total sense. Is it in the same sense as freak?"

"Hey, lady? What's up with this freak? He bothering you?" A older looking human sat down in the moving creatures shiny gray colored bench asked, giving me an irritable look. It seemed he wished to threaten me.

Unless of course he wished to draw the attention of my beloved! 

Of course, that was it! A beautiful human such as Blair must draw in many of her species. My sweet little Siren must have men chasing her down regularly.

How lucky she is to have me to chase them off.

I bared my fangs at him and he just raised one furry eyebrow.

"Brother, you've got the face of a human." Caelinus reminded me. My intimidating look dropped in that moment, making me realize I had simply been sending the man something he may consider what Blair's human pet's magazines referred to as a suggestive smile.

Blair sighed. "No, he's actually...uh, with me." She sent the man a gentle smile that I had never seen before one her. She appeared tired, yet it truly was a sweet smile, though it didn't fully light up her beautiful eyes.

"If you say so. This ain't some kind of weird male sex trade, is it?"

Blair blinked, before bubbling with laughter.

"Is Blair in love with this old man?" I asked slowly to her pet who had fallen into line closer to both Blair and myself.

The human boy frowned. "Um, no." Blinking confusedly he spoke once more. "I think she's just making pleasant conversation to keep this guy from shooting you. He does have a gang tattoo on his neck." He squinted his eyes. "It looks like the Corner Crows. I've actually met them, they aren't even a real scary type gang, they just have a habit of shooting assholes who hurt girls."

"Shooting? Like guns? I've been shot by one of those before. It did not harm me, though the strange powder did get into my eyes."

"When exactly did you get shot?" He frowned. "And who would have shot you? I thought you swam around Atlantis or some shit like that."

I scowled at the human's lack of intelligence. "Most certainly not. Atlantis is a myth created by hopeful humans. Everyone knows that."

"Hey! You can't just go around crushing dreams like that!" The human "I used to love that guy who was searching for Atlantis in that Disney movie."