The best thoughts are from dead people pt. 2

Wednesday wasn't scared. She didn't get scared, but she still ran. The Hyde was howling behind her, and she determined he would probably gain on her if she didn't lose him, despite her inhuman speed.

Her boots crunched against sticks and rocks that she didn't bother to avoid stumbling over. She also didn't linger on the confusing thought that Tyler had warned her, not the hyde, but him, his voice. Was he....still in there?

She dodged a branch she sensed crashing towards her head, and looked around rapidly, the dark night confusing things. She didn't see any buildings nearby, not in the dark at least. Wednesday flipped around. Honestly if she was going to die, she would do it embracing death's comforting arms. But just as the Hyde was about to release her to her painful death, a ghastly arm that was flaring with fire shot up from beneath the dirt out of nowhere. It wrapped its boned fingers around the hyde's limb, and a head popped up along with the arm.

Charred and torn flesh was stuck onto the boney face of the zombie in small patches that looked like a child had performed some art project on the subject of this poor zombie's face. Gnarly teeth that were rotting and writhing with wiggling insects were bared at the hyde. The hyde shook the zombie off, but another hand struck up from the dirt, and grabbed onto another leg.

The hyde roared, and retracted its height to claw viciously at the zombies, but nothing was affecting them, not a drop of blood shed. Which was disappointing to Wednesday. She should've tooken the opportunity to get away, but she was having too much fun watching the hyde aimlessly toy with the undead to the point of failure again and again.

Another third zombie practically leaped from under the ground, and was the only undead standing on solid ground. Wednesday saw the gleam of its dirt matted sword in the knight, as the zombie moaned, and took a swipe at the hyde.

The cut flicked across the monster's cheek, and it growled, and pawed at its face. It turned on the skeletal zombie. When the hyde took a leap towards it, it's bones all fell apart in pieces, but just when the hyde thought it had succeeded, the zombies it had just fought off were grabbing onto him again, along with the one that had fallen to pieces. It's bones shook and quivered until they all arose and aligned themself into the undead form of a zombie once again.

Wednesday started to scoot off, she may have been spooky and kooky, but she wasn't stupid. But as she cracked her boots away, one of the zombies grabbed her ankle. She immediately kicked and got her leg loose. It seemed like the zombie had no intent of keeping her under stronghold. It looked up at her, and its skeletal mouth clacked as it spoke, "All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream,"

Then it sunk into the earth once more.

Wednesday ran without looking back at the hyde, or what she thought was a reminiscent of Tyler Galpin...

To be continued....