New skin but not a new soul part two

Tyler gulped down the liquid, his veins about to burst if he didn't get any liquid in his system. The monster in him groaned in pain, and he couldn't blame him, the writhing heat wriggled and squirmed inside him, burning his flesh on the inside, but not visible on the outer. Y/n looked hesitant as they rubbed Tyler's back in circular motions in an effort to be helpful, but all Tyler could pinpoint his focus on without screaming was his face. What did he look like? Was he....ugly?

Ah sh!t.

[Wednesday POV]

Yanking him by the hair Wednesday repeated her question to the apparently mute puppet boy. The boy was frail, and looked timid as he kicked for his life, his loafers thrashing but barely scraping Wednesday harmlessly. She narrowed her eyes at him. "Boy, I said, where are they???!!"

"I don't know!" The boy cried, his sock puppets drooping in fear as Wednesday's fist came ramming into his cheek. Enid gasped behind her.

"Wednesday!" She chastised, and grabbed the dark-haired girl's arm, yanking her away from the poor boy who apparently hadn't hit puberty yet. His voice squeaked and creaked like an old cassette tape. Wednesday flipped around, glaring.

"What?! You interrupted my chance to see his expressions of terror!"

Enid rolled her eyes and mumbled a swift apology to the boy, before quite gruffly shoving him away and dragging Wednesday along. When they were at a safe distance away, the blonde turned to her.

"Listen I know that you're-" Enid gestured to Wednesday. "-You. But you can't just randomly threaten people."

Wednesday rolled her eyes. "I was obtaining information...."

Enid looked at her squarely. "Right."

Wednesday clenched her jaw. The two girls who she had suspected stole her locket were no where to be found. Now how was she supposed to rip their veins from their flesh? "Look, if you aren't willing to help me, I'll find someone else."

Enid bit her lip, and her eyes locked with Wednesday's. "Fine," she huffed. "But it looks like you don't have many options." She gestured around, then to the boy she had just harassed. "Why do you care so much about this locket anyways-" Enid's mouth was covered by icy hands. Wednesday hissed.

"Shhhh!" She said, her eyes widening, scanning around.

Enid slowly grabbed Wednesday's hand and retracted it from her mouth. She raised a fair eyebrow. "Um, excuse me?"

Wednesday glowered at the werewolf. "Yes, you're excused," She waved an aimless hand at Enid as Enid crossed her arms.

Wednesday stormed off back into Nevermore, not sure exactly where she could wander to, or if she even wanted to wander. She knew there was so much she had to worry about, but yet her mind was tugging her to just release that worry, and well...focus on finding the locket. Though now the locket was something she could also worry about, so any fantasy of relaxation was pointless.

But truth be told, some sort of crisis occurring made Wednesday's sense of normality increase drastically, it just made her feel like everything was alright, but she would never tell anyone  that.

But now, Wednesday suddenly realized she wasn't just wandering, she was nearing the stairs that led to Bianca's secret society corridor. She supposed even in her subconscious she couldn't resist going after a mystery.

Stepping down the stairs, Wednesday had no idea someone else couldn't resist a mystery either.....

[Onlooker POV]

The raven-haired girl's steps made no noise as she clamped down the steps. The absent-lit hall rang out silence as she finally reached hard flooring.  

Flat walls and gray crackled paint caught her eyes as she walked down a hall filed with shelving of books and scripture. It took about ten minutes to walk through the maze that was the underground of Nevermore, but Wednesday stopped when she heard voices.

"It burns!" A foreign voice hissed. 

Then a second familiar one echoed the stranger's thoughts. "I know," They murmured. "It's a side effect of the transformation." 

The first voice groaned in pain, and Wednesday heard soft whispers of comfort as she tiptoed forward, catching sight of a beacon of light as she tried hard not to let her footsteps be heard. 

Was that Y/N? Wednesday thought, vividly confused. 

When she was now inches from the doorway she slid her back up against the left wall, perching her ear forward to listen. 

"What am I supposed to do now?" The first voice asked, sounding distinctly squeaky and boyish. 

The voice that Wednesday recognized as Y/n's spoke again. "It's a school," they said. "Just blend it, we can figure out your...issue together." 

Wednesday heard a scoff. "What am I supposed to do? Make friends?! What if Marilyn recognizes me?" 

Y/n sounded offended, "what do you think the spell is for?" They asked. "No one will recognize you." 

The boyish voice sniffed. "I guess my roguish good looks are gone then?" 

Wednesday felt a tinge of annoyance. That was her mistake. She heard Y/n's voice dwindle to a whisper. "Did you hear that?" They asked, their voice wavering. Wednesday heard shoes slide across the stone floor, as two people heaved off their feet. 

"Let's get out of here," they said, and Wednesday heard the scurrying of feet as the two obviously left behind an exit Wednesday hadn't seen. When she was sure the two had left, she stepped into the room. 

Present on the floor were scraps of charred paper, and on the walls the shelves were disorganized and disheveled. Wednesday prickly picked up a piece of the papers that lay on the ground. She was able to make out one word: shapeshifter

A/n: I'm sooooooo soooo sorry for lack of update, but the chapters from now on will be much longer and also I'll make sure to update every week, this will be an enemies to lovers, so if that doesn't appeal to you, don't read. But, it will be a slow burn, and a smooth transition from enemies- to unlikely friends- to lovers. Also Wednesday's stalker will be revealed by the end, as will Tyler's past. I also have recasted Xavier as Timothy Chalemet(sorry if I spelled it wrong) because Percy Hynes White is a creep and should be locked up, not just kicked off a damn show. The plot will get more in depth I promise, for now I'm just setting up everything.....