Boredom and falling down

Sherlock hasn't had a case for over a week and it was driving him crazy and making him act like a 5 year old more often than usual which really got on John's nerves. I mean who would enjoy arriving home only to find that the kitchen had been tore apart because someone forgot where he put his gun? Obviously he had to search it in the fridge. And it was obviously there. (Don't ask why.)

John tried to distract him and although Sherlock would never admit it, he kinda enjoyed his blogger's methods.

One certain afternoon, 8 days, 56 minutes and 39 seconds since his last case (not that he counted), John found Sherlock lying on the couch and being in an extremely grumpy mode. He sighed, snuggled up next to him and in 10 minutes, the exhausted doctor fell asleep. Not exactly sleeping, he just drifted off into a calming dream which involved Sherlock.

All of a sudden, the detective sat up and loudly stated:

"BORED!"

Surprised and half asleep, John flinched off the couch.

"Ouch, my elbow!"

Sherlock smiled.
"Thank you."
"What for?"
"For entertaining me and demonstrating that the laws of gravity are still valid."

"You little piece of... Alright, alright, at least you stopped pouting."

John climbed on top of him and started petting the detective's hair. They sat in silence when Sherlock's phone buzzes. His eyes sparked and his whole body tensed.

"15 o'clock, the Scotland Yard is still open. It has been ringing for 17 seconds now, meaning that the one calling is very desperate. This could only result..."

"Oh God, don't dare to..."
"A NEW CASE! JOHN, I GOT A NEW CASE! ", screamed Sherlock and immediately jumped to his feet. Nonetheless, he forgot one thing...

"OUCH! Bloody hell, you could've waited till I get off first!"
"Get up, dear Watson, there's no time for pouting! The game is on!"