To Be Heroes

By the time I had helped Julie figure out where she was going to place the bead set behind the tree, I walked back to the main room where everyone else was chilling except Donnie, April and Naomi. Leo was in front of the TV with Sophie and I heard the faint television say, "Now... The final episode of Space Heroes."

I froze where I was and looked at Leo who was now smiling like an excited child. Sophie was smiling, her new necklace on her throat. We had all finished a little before we cleaned up. So I came over and hopped beside Sophie who welcomed me with open arms.

The episode was about Captain Ryan abandoning the ship! I almost cried out because he patted his seat and said good-bye to the ship when the TV suddenly turned off. I twisted  around as Leo complained, "What are you doing? That's the final episode of Space Heroes!"

Donnie, who was the one behind him had his hand on his hip and said with a rather annoyed voice, "I've got something a little more important."

"What is it?" Sophie asked.

"Come in the lab and I'll show you," Donnie answered. He turned and went into the lab and sat in his place behind his computer. Julie was strangely already there, whispering with April as we all came in. They broke apart and then Donnie waited until we were all near or behind him before he started explaining, "April and I have been sifting through all this Kraang chatter and... Well... Listen to what we translated."

He started typing on the keyboard, making Melanie beside me have an annoyed look on her face. I guess she's not a clacky type of person. Naomi looked up just before the talk began to start, but when it did, she got sidetracked and went back to paying attention to the flashing orb.

"The final phase of the plan known as Kraang's Invasion," the chatter started out. It made me lower my eyelids halfway down from their stupid English. Where's an English teacher when you needed one? But it continued, "shall commence in the unit of time known as six hours. The Technodrome shall arrive from Dimension X through the portal."

Mikey suddenly interrupted and made Donnie pause the recording, "You sure this is the translated version?"

"They never have a translated version," Sophie sighed.

"They need an English teacher or something..." Julie muttered, her squirrel-like tail flicking. "Or maybe just Google Translator."

Donnie growled at them, making them hush up. He sighed and looked at them, turning around in the rolling chair and making it easier for all of us to understand, "They said that in six hours something called the Technodrome is coming through that portal. This the final phase of the Kraang invasion!"

"Wait..." Sophie and Leo said simultaneously. Sophie looked at Leo and blushed softly before looking down and away, letting him speak while her mask ends brushed against her shoulders. "But I thought April was the key to the Kraang plot and they don't have her."

"Just imagine what they'll do if and when they do get their tentacles on her..." Melanie muttered. "Kraang monsters everywhere."

"Melanie!" Naomi hissed at her. Her blue eyes glared at her daughter and Melanie looked at her curiously before her eyes widened and looked away. Naomi looked up at all of us, her eyes shining against the black of her mask, "Basically, let's just try not to have April kidnapped..."

"Wasn't on the plan," Raph finally spoke up. "You making it the plan?"

"No," Naomi glared at him.

"Guys!" Leo snapped, making them turn to him.

He sighed and turned to Donnie who was in his own conversation by this time. ".... Well... It sounds like the end of the world."

"Wait..." I piped up, raising my hand a little. "What will? I wasn't paying attention."