Getting Mr. O'Neil

When I noticed the blaring sound coming from April, I was worried about April getting attacked by the Kraang from her laptop. I don't care what Raph thought of me liking April, but I was the only one that didn't have anyone to go to like they did.

But I came up to April just as Mikey said, "It needs more drums!”

The sound stopped and I blinked, confused. Mikito popped up behind Mikey and asked, “What was that?”

“Sounds like something those dubstep kids listen to,” Natasha said casually, looking over curiously. “But they usually have more bass…”

“It was a random email, guys,” April replied, trying to stop the random comments from everyone. She looked at us, “It just started playing on its own.”

Then it was my turn, so I started by trying to impress April, “Sounds like some kind of telemetric sine wave subcarrier…”

Melanie looked over at me from the board game. The small family softly trying to ignore us all, “Dumb that down a bit, brainiac. We have non-smart mutants here.”

“It’s an interference modulation used to encrypt voert trans--” I started really quickly until Mikey poked his finger on my mouth, making my lips close up. I glared at him.

He looked at me unamused while he said, “Not enough notches down, bro.”

“A secret message!” I dragged out for him, letting my annoyance carry. I have the most idiotic brothers…

“But…” Apil started, looking at her laptop again. “Who would be sending me a secret message?”

Kyoto looked at her before looking back at Space Heroes. I looked at April worried. Mikito and Mikey left for their room to start a tickle fight. (I know because my room is beside theirs.) Naomi, Raph, and Melanie were still at the trivia game. Leo and Sophie were still into their show. I watched April until she continued reading the rest of her emails.

“April?” I asked softly, coming up cautiously.

She looked up at me, “Yeah, Donnie?”

“I could find out who sent you it if you let me borrow your laptop.”

“Really?”

“Of course!” I smiled. She smiled back and lifted her laptop as an offering. I took it and said, “I’ll get it solved as quick as I can!”

“Okay,” she nodded, getting up. “I’m gonna go order you boys pizza.”

“Did someone say order pizza?” Mikey’s voice echoed out of his room. But it was cut off with a giggling fit.

I rolled my eyes and walked to my lab, setting the laptop on my working table by my computer. Instantly, I starting working to decode it, already realizing it would take a few hours to solve.

Of course I was right. Hours later, long after my brothers and the others fell asleep, I finally decoded the message. It was peices at first, but I couldn’t listen to the entire message until I figured out the entire thing. So, when I heard Mr. O’Neil’s voice, I was stunned.

“April, it’s dad. I pray you get this message. I’ve been moved to a secret Kraang facility. Send help… If you can send help.”

“Oh, my gosh!” I gasped, getting up and away from the screen, letting the map and message dim down a little. I looked toward the main room and started, “Guys! You gotta--!” then I paused, remembering what Raph said to me earlier about keeping him out of trying to impress April.

So I looked at the computer screen and smiled at the map. I plugged my phone in and saved the gif. on it to help show the way. Heading toward the garage exit, I grabbed up my staff and slipped it in it’s sheath on my back shoulder strap. I looked back in the direction the main room past my lab and frowned. Leaving down the tunnels, I thought to myself, We’ll see who’s sadorable…