Family Reunion

Me and Melanie and April were still at the lair. Leo’s been trying to even us all out so we won’t get caught and the fact we have too many people and mutants in the lair. I remember Naomi saying it would get busy and full, but I never expected it this full.

But Splinter was training with April while me and Melanie were working on the puzzle Naomi started to put together a couple days back. It was fun, but it made my brain hurt.

I heard footsteps and I thought it was the guys, but it was actually April coming back from the tunnels. She was carrying a white sphere. Melanie and I got up and came up to her as she sat down on the couch. It showed our reflection as we came closer.

Even Splinter came in, a concerned expression on his expression. He relaxed as he saw April and said, “Interesting… But I’m curious how you hear the sound, and I do not...”

“What’s that supposed to mean, Sensei?” I asked, looking up at Splinter.

Splinter looked at me, “April and I were training in the way of listening for the silence. April heard something then walked away. She returned with that…”

“Oh,” I blinked. Melanie was watching the orb, making weird faces in the round reflection surface.

“Maybe it’s why the Kraang are after me…” April said, peering into the orb like it would open somehow. I watched them both, wondering what it could actually be.

Then I heard footsteps again and looked up. Everyone was back! But someone new was in the group… It was a fluffy green person with a ripped tanktop. Another girl… Another person… More space taken up.

But I did hear Mr. O’Neil say, “April?”

“Dad?” April stood up while shoving the white orb in Melanie’s hands. She looked down at it and blinked as April ran to her father, “Dad!” Father and daughter hugged as the green fluffy thing looked around the lair curiously. April looked up and smiled, wiping a tear away, “Oh, Dad, I can’t believe it!” She looked at the boys and smiled. “You guys saved my dad! Thank you so much!”

Then Raph spoke up. I saw Naomi look at him weirdly as Raph put an arm around Donnie’s shoulders and said, “The guy you should really be thanking is Donnie!”

“Welllll, I…” Donnie started before Raph continued.

“Seriously!” Raph said with a wicked grin. I blinked in confusion as he started speaking once again, “You should’ve seen him!” then he pushed everyone out of the way around him. Then he started mimicking karate-like moves and making these weird grunting sounds.

It was so weird even Naomi watched him unamused. I started giggling from his stupidity. Finally, Melanie came up and tried to tackle him down, “Stop it!”

Donnie stepped up and said with an embarrassed voice, “Raph, I-I think that’s a little--”

Raph grabbed Donnie’s head. Melanie glared at him and tried to hit his side to make him stop. Naomi came up to her daughter and just gently pulled her back as the red-masked Turtle continued, “We tried to tell him, ‘Careful, Donnie, It’s too dangerous!’, and Donnie was like, ‘Danger? Ha! Nothing can stop me!’”

Melanie looked at Donnie who was standing a few feet back, watching Raph with the most embarrassed expression. He noticed Melanie staring at him so he came up and slapped a hand over Raph’s mouth, “Thank you, Raphael!” Donnie nervously chuckled as Raph pulled away. Melanie came over and hit his stomach lightly, glaring at him. “Maybe those weren’t my exact words…”

April came up and hugged Donnie, making him pause and eyes widen. Naomi shook her head as Raph and Melanie were fighting in the background. I smiled and just watched as everything occured at once.

Finally, April pulled back and looked up at the tallest Turtle and said, “Thank you, Donnie!” then she turned and walked back to her father.

Donnie fell back and the green fluffy person jumped as she heard the crash and turned around, coming up as we all circled around him. Kyoto snickered, “Well done.”

“A very stupid success,” Natasha rolled her eyes. Then turned to Raph, “What was that about?”

Raph and Melanie were still trying to get out of their wrestling stature before Raph looked over, “I had to help…”

“Raph basically owed Donnie that one…” Naomi muttered finally, crossing her arms.

“Oh,” Natasha said.

“Alright, let’s relax! Another mutant defeated!” Mikey said, raising his arms before lowering them, one on my shoulders. I felt my cheeks flush and I smiled.

Naomi looked at Mikey, “I wouldn’t be too sure…”

“What?” Sophie said, shocked.

“Newtralizer’s alive…. Very much alive…” Naomi finished, walking off.

“And you didn’t bother to tell us until after we left?!” Kyoto cried after her. She had already left and he face palmed, groaning. “Darn it…”

“Great…” Leo sighed. “Now we wouldn’t even know where to start looking for him anyway…”

“Let’s just play some video games,” Mikey said to me, smiling. I nodded and we went to the TV and turned it on, getting Mikey’s Xbox and started to play one of our favorite games.

Just because another mutant was on the loose didn’t mean we had to worry about it now, right? April’s dad was back and that’s what really mattered.