Wasp's Attack!

It flew right at us and we all separated, Naomi rolling out of the way. Flying high, the wasp turned and flew straight at Raph. I watched as Raph fell back on a table, grabbing the wasp by the legs, trying to keep him away.

Snapping its pinchers at Raph, he dodged the blows and cried out, “Get it off! Get it off!”

Naomi snarled and came up, whacking it away. It fell off with a satisfying thud. Twirling her staff, Naomi put it back up and helped Raph up.

“Thanks,” he breathed, nodding shortly.

Then the wasp flew right at me. I ducked and grabbed a Katana, swinging it at the wasp. I hit it and it flew right back to Raph who growled and got his Sais, swinging them at it. The wasp screeched and flipped around, tripping Raph. Somehow, it squeezed under him and flew up, smashing him against the wall.

As Naomi and Donnie ran up, the wasp moved, letting Raph fall down. The wasp turned to Donnie and flew at him. Naomi gasped and pushed him out of the way as the wasp stung its stinger out at them, hitting the wall instead.

Donnie rolled out of the way from Naomi and stood up, running away. The wasp chased Donnie, the wasp still stinging at him. I came up and slashed at the wasp again. It flew away and tried to sting me, but Leo came up and crisscrossed his swords toward the wasp, knocking it away.

Naomi grabbed my back shell and pulled me a corner. Only her, me, and Sophie were there. The boys were in their own corner.

As I thought about it, the number of Turtles we have now seemed surprisingly short and good. If we had brought Kyoto or Natasha or Melanie, it might’ve gone worse. Someone might’ve gotten stung by now.

“Someone will,” Naomi growled, looking over. “What’s the plan, Leo?”

Leo sighed as Mikey spoke up, “I know! I’ll catch it with my Kurosama chain!”

“The wasp is too strong…” Naomi rolled her eyes.

“Alright,” Leo said, hearing Naomi. “How about this. Mikey, you get the wasp to chase you and we’ll ambush him.”

“What?!” I almost screeched if Sophie hadn’t put her hand over my mouth. The wasp was near, we could all hear it…

“Why don’t we ever go with my plans?” Mikey asked, me nodding.

“Because they’re your plans!” Naomi snapped silently.

“Now go!” Leo ordered.

Mikey groaned and got up. I struggled out of Sophie’s grip and tried to follow, but Naomi held me, back, growling. “No.”

As I sat back down, Mikey jumped up on the table and pointed at the insect, calling out, “Hey, waaaasp!”

On the ceiling, the bug paused and tilted its head to look at Mikey better. As it looked at him, Mikey turned around and shook his bottom shell, “Come and get it!”

I covered my mouth, holding in a giggle and beside me, Naomi and Sophie groaned, Naomi slapping her hand to her forehead and muttering, “Things I wish not to see…”

But as Mikey shook his butt, the wasp jumped off the ceiling, flying toward him. Mikey jumped off the table and ran away, screaming. He stopped and then ducked, the wasp ramming into a cabinet.

Running away again, Mikey slid to a stop as the wasp somehow beat him over by crawling on the wall and coming up in front of him. Mikey whimpered then turned and ran again, this time running in a circle. The wasp was following every movement.

“He’s really turned running and screaming into an art for him…” Raph muttered from where the boys were.

Naomi and Sophie were already over there. I rolled over, and, thankfully, the wasp didn’t see me because it was still chasing Mikey, who was screaming, who was starting to make me want to help.

“Well, he’s got to be good at something, right?” Sophie asked, looking at Raph.

That’s when Mikey fell and the wasp came over him, getting ready to sting.

“Good-ish…” Donnie muttered, all of the shrinking back.

“Mikey!” I cried. I broke apart from everyone and ran up to him, pushing him out of the way just as the wasp jabbed his stinger down.

I looked up as the wasp came for us, but Naomi flung a ninja star, scratching its wing. The wasp hissed and looked over. Naomi growled and ran at the wasp, twirling her staff, “Nobody hurts Mikito!”

She jabbed the staff out, making the wasp stagger in flight and fly after her. Naomi ducked and turned and ran. Mikey dragged me to a corner and I noticed Raph, Leo, Donnie, and Sophie on a high shelf, watching the wasp chase Naomi.

Just as Leo nodded, Mikey’s chain flew in front of my face to the wasp, catching it and making it fall away from the four jumping Turtles. The four fell on Naomi and Naomi cried out, looking at Mikey.

“How do you like me now?” Mikey cheered.

The wasp got up and flew around, dragging Mikey with it. It rammed Raph and Donnie into the wall and Raph glared at Mikey, “A lot less than I did a few seconds ago.”

Leo, Naomi, Sophie, and I were still standing. The wasp flung Mikey against me and Naomi. Sophie rolled by Leo. I watched as the wasp rose into the air and flew down to the two.

Sophie screamed as it aimed right at her. Leo came up quickly and pushed her out of the way, taking the stinger in the arm rather than her.