Donnie Still Fails

We had all walked in the dojo. Even April decided to join us. Sadly enough, she was sharing a room with Leo and Sophie. We were overcrowded….. But we all sat down to the side of the dojo and waited Splinter’s directions.

Splinter was each looking at us curiously as to pick which few of us could go first. Naomi was back on her T-Phone with the new game. Still can’t believe she could get that far…. I swear she cheated!

Finally, Splinter said, “Melanie and Natasha.”

The girls looked at one another before standing. They walked to the middle of the dojo and bowed toward one another rather respectfully before Natasha gt out her whips and Melanie got out her Tessens.

The metal tips of the tessens gleamed a little in the early morning sun while the whips stood still due to no wind gust. But I know that when Natasha got going, those whips would fly. Melanie looked a little thoughtful. I wouldn’t blame her. She had close combat range with the Tessens and Natasha long range.

Splinter looked at each of them before calling out, “Hijamae!”

Naomi put her T-Phone away, watching as Natasha raised her left arm and brought it down quickly to make the whip clap the air. Melanie looked a little unamused. Like Naomi would if she were about to hit me.

Natasha smirked and twisted while taking a step toward Melanie, making the whips spin around her like deadly ribbon. Melanie backed away a step, narrowing her eyes as Natasha’s whips hit the spot Melanie was just at. The grey masked Turtle growled and watched the lavender masked Turtle. Then it hit me: Could Melanie possibly have Naomi’s mind reading gift? I looked at my sister whose blue eyes were locked onto the battle in front of us. She may have ignored my thoughts, or was just too oblivious to notice.

Another snap in the air made me turn my attention back toward the two fighting. Melanie had gotten closer to Natasha, making her opponent back up while backhanding with her whip to try and make the Turtle back up. However, Melanie had jumped up and kicked Natasha back a few steps.

They were glaring at one another now. Natasha had enough of the playing by the looks o it and started whipping the whips every which way. She crossed them and spun them, making sure to get every possible place to where Melanie could do nothing besides give in.

Melanie’s eyes widened, but ran up toward Natasha, her body rather close to the ground where the whips weren’t really touching.The Tessens glittered, but a whip had wrapped around the tip of one of the spikes and Melanie gritted her teeth, yanking the Tessen free. But not before Natasha could slice at her arm. The pain of Melanie’s cry made me wince.

Beside me, Naomi growled lowly, her body tensing up. She probably wanted to jump up and stop this. Everyone else watched in fascination. I wasn’t entirely sure what to think of it.

Melanie was holding the place where the whip grazed her. Even though it grazed her, it was still bleeding a little. But it could be worse because she was holding it. Natasha came up to her and smirked. The younger Turtle looked up and growled lowly before letting her arm go and jumping up, kicking at Natasha’s chest and sending her back.