Turtle Invasion, Not Kraang

Right as we got out of the sewers, Leo started talking, the rest of us piled in uncomfortably as he said, "Alright guys, we're gonna keep it simple. We'll go to TCRI and we use the Micro-fision on the disintegrator, which Donnie calculates is powerful enough to destroy the portal with a single shot."

"What was that special gear thing called?" Julie asked softly, looking at us.

I looked at her and could only smile, "A thing that when it shoots make the item poof."

"It's called zwiing-shhhooooo," Naomi said, looking at us. Then she smirked and ended with a popping like sound with her lips. Melanie giggled a little from beside her.

Mikey looked at us then smiled before looking at Leo, "So why didn't we use that last time?"

"Because we didn't have it last time," Donnie pointed out.

Mikey glared at him, "You have an answer to everything, don't you?"

"Yes. I do," Donnie said with a smart-allec smile, making me want to hit him. But Raph distracted me.

"Good one, Donnie," he started out, looking at Donnie. He looked at Julie's confused face as he turned to face Leo. His eyes rolled and continued, "Speaking of good one; you sure this is gonna work?"

We were all quiet as we looked at Leo. Julie was flicking her tail nervously and I noticed that I was starting to get pushed into the wall, her fur sticking out and making me move away so I wouldn't suffocate in the fluff.

"It has to work," Leo finished, his eyes on the camera in front of him to watch the road.

As we sat in silence, Donnie looked at the pile of items beside the disintegrator. "Mikito, could you start handing those out?"

"What?" I asked, leaning down and removing the sheet covering them. I picked one up and found it was a folded backpack. "These? What are these?"

"You'll find out," he smirked. "I've been working on adjustments to them, so they should work when we use them."

"Yeah..." I said. "But what are they?"

"Stop asking and just pass them," Naomi sighed, taking the one out of my hand and tossing it beside Leo's chair. He didn't touch it until we parked a few blocks away in the shadows.

Soon, everyone had a backpack that seemed heavier than it looked. I tried to look inside it, but Donnie pulled my hand away, "Wait until we're outside!"

"Why?" Julie asked this time. "Will it attack us? Why would you give us something that would attack us!"

"Julie!" Sophie looked at her. She looked at the blue-green masked turtle with wide brown eyes. "We're just going outside and opening them. Relax..."

"And before we go..." Donnie said, waiting for all of us to pass. When I followed Melanie who was the second-to-last Turtle out, Donnie went to the disintegrator and Metalhead. I walked out of the Razor and put the backpack on as we all waited for Donnie. When he walked out, he looked at all of us and said, "When you have the backpacks on, just pull on the green strap to the left of you. Not your fur, Julie..."

"Well... My fur's green..." she muttered, looking at the straps. "And I can't tell which is fur and which is the strap..."

Sighing with a smile, Donnie came up to her and grabbed the backpack strap that was literally mingled in with her fur. He pulled on it and the backpack opened with wings black wings snapping out. Shocked, Julie turned to look at them, but she managed to turn around completely, knocking Donnie down. She heard the fall and turned to him, smiling apologetically.