The search

Alastor's p.o.v

I slammed my foot against an overfilled trash can and gritted my teeth. Where is she!? I've looked around just about every place possible. Every bar in the city and boutiques. I even took the time to search y/n's home but to no avail. My shadow isn't answering and he doesn't seem to be around. Damn it, I'm going to kill that damned shadow for sneaking off. I combed my fingers through my hair and took in a heavy breath trying to weigh down my options when a realization sparked my brain. How could I be so stupid? I hadn't even realized that I didn't check the butcher shop. I spun my microphone around and tightened my grip on it. The smile I had spread across my face menacingly. You're going to regret running off y/n.

Y/n's p.o.v

I slurped on my mango orange slushie as both Alastor's shadow and I walked down the dusty roads of the outer city.

"So, since we're alone now I suppose you'd like to know of Alastor's sin hm?"

I looked at the shadow's bright blue eyes and nodded. Although the radio demon seemed to obviously have a past it's not like he would ever tell me. He doesn't seem like the type to open up to people.

"Well, it's a long story but to make things less complicated I'll give you the short version. Alastor grew up in an abusive household. His mother was a beautiful person who adored him with all of her heart. Unfortunately though the man she married wasn't so much. He was a raging alcoholic who beat Alastor's mother and him. As years passed he planned on killing his father and did. He lived on for several more years with his mother by his side as he became a popular radio host. Sadly she passed away from natural causes at the ripe age of fifty two. It hit Alastor hard. The two were very close. Between the time of him becoming a radio host and his mother dying he became intrigued with hunting. But it soon wasn't enough for him. He enjoyed the look in the eyes of his prey and his curiosity took hold of him aggressively. Alastor began going after people craving for that high as he watched the life fade from the ones he chose to end. Then one day..he decided on trying something to eat other than venison. The first victim he ate from caused something in him to awaken and it went down hill from there. He began feasting on the flesh of innocent bystanders after killing them. Unfortunately one night he slacked and left traces of evidence straight to the small shack he lived at in the woods and it brought the police straight to him. Your great grandfather being the sheriff. Alastor made the wrong decision in running and the police released the dogs they had tagged along. One of the dogs latched onto his leg which caused him to fall and Alfred caught up. He placed the barrel of his gun to Alastor's forehead and shot him in the head point blank."

The shadow looked directly at me his expression emotionless even with the large Cheshire grin.

"There's nothing more to explain. He was a serial killer and a radio host which is why he's the way that he is now."

I looked down to the ground and chewed on my bottom lip. Alastor was a serial killer? But why would he be uncomfortable telling people that? It just doesn't make sense to me. I killed someone too. I sighed no longer interested in my slushier and shoved it in the shadow's face offering it to him. He grabbed it without hesitation and tossed it in his mouth cup and all.

Gross.

"Okay, well could you possibly ta-"

"Y/n!"

I whirled my head around in the direction that my name was called and felt my body go rigid. I could see Alastor coming toward my direction an icy look in his eyes. A stiff smile stretched across his face causing it to look like it was being pulled by hooks. Why does he look so upset? I peered over at the shadow but noticed he was gone. I backed up a few steps trying to keep distance between myself and the radio demon mentally cussing at his shadow for abandoning me.

"Why did you run off without telling me? I looked all over the city for you and finally received clues from your former boss as I decided to visit the butcher shop."

I scoffed and stilled my feet while crossing my arms. "What, am I your property now? I don't need to tell you where I'm going. We might have a deal and a contract but I am no pet Alastor." I glared at him agitated. Alastor reacted by popping up in my face with the snap of his fingers and sneered.

"Watch your tone with me y/n. You've caused me enough trouble already. Also.." the radio demon cracked his neck in an odd direction as his shadow stood behind him. "You're not innocent either." He looked back at me and placed his hand out. "Come now dear. We're going back." I shook my head and shooed his hand away.

"I don't think so."

The buck closed his fingers into the palm of his hand slowly but firmly showing signs of wavering anger.

"Oh?" He spoke up deeply his tone vibrating up his throat. If he weren't so angry that tone would be pretty damn sexy right now. Alastor leaned down a dark aura dancing around his orbs and smiled humorously. "And what makes you think you have any choice? You've made a soul contract and deal with me dear. You have no right to tell me no."

Now it was my time to sneer. "I'm not stupid Alastor." I stepped closer to him my hands balled into fists feeling a cool sensation spread up my arms. I was pissed myself for him lying to me and treating me like a distraction. "I know what you plan to use me for. You really believe you can overthrow Lucifer? You of all people? I plan on breaking the deal off. I will not be treated like this."

Alastor let out a loud laugh and swung his microphone around shoving it against my chest roughly pushing me back.

"You can't break the deal darling! It's a SOUL contract. Not to mention you agreed to my terms. There's nothing you can do. And Lucifer? Well, let me make one thing clear." Tentacles appeared from behind his back and one wrapped around my neck leaving a wet slimy residue. I clawed at the rubbery texture to no avail. "Even if you do run to him to break the deal we have made your chances of him agreeing are very low. Not to mention that if you speak about me planning to overthrow his throne he will never believe you. I am his closest "friend" and you're nothing but a peasant." The tentacle let go of my neck and I fell to my knees gasping for the air that had been stolen from me. I lifted my heavy up and growled at the radio demon who grinned proudly.

"Fuck you." I rasped.

Alastor's brow twitched and he snapped his fingers causing us both to teleport back to the hotel before I was slammed up against a wall. Alastor had my arms above my head his face inches from mine. "I would watch that tone of yours little lady." My lips pulled back into an instigative grin and I narrowed my eyes.

"How do you think Amelia would feel about you treating a woman like this you piece of shit?"

Without hesitation the buck's height grew twice his original size and the antlers atop his head lengthened. He snapped his neck to the side his eyes hollow.

Y̵̞͙̞̎͠o̸̢͋ử̶̥̪̀'̴̳̇͆r̵̈́̀̉͜ȇ̵̖̪̬͗͝ ̶̲̔g̶̩̭͌̿̀ó̷͔̜̮̿̈ḯ̷̡̗̹̇̚n̸̹͌g̶̠̬̥̈́͑͝ ̷̙̌̿t̶̢̲́̈́͘o̷̜͖̖̽̃ ̶̘͐̏w̶͚͒i̷̬̗̓̃͠s̴̭̠̺̒͌̓ḫ̶̺̉ ̴͙̪́͌͜y̷̫̅õ̸̞͓͗ͅú̵̜̙͔ ̸̰͕̱̑h̶̟̟̩̾̎͘a̵͍͉͒̽̎ḓ̴̡̞̌͊ ̵̺̊̐͠n̶̞̰͝ͅḛ̴͉͕̌͗v̶̥̓̂̚e̶̗̟͗̆r̷͍̓̔ ̶̛̙͍̀s̵̝̬̑͠p̸̥̅̾o̴̮͋k̵̳̗̯̈́̓ẹ̵̢̓̏͘n̷̦͆̌͝ ̴̨̦̭͗̾t̷͙̮͈̃̕h̵̗̿ă̸̙͗t̵͙͚̑ ̸̦̉̔n̵̰̳͒̑ͅa̸̧̓m̸̡̊̑ḙ̷̍̅

I swallowed hard and began to shake. I think I may have gone to far.

1353 words