2 - who tf is y/n

a.n:
as of 17th january 2024, most of this chapter has been rewritten. i apologise for the deleted comments, i merely wanted this chapter to fit the context of the future acts more!

**********
Cleo's pov

[5 minutes later]
big sissy

Cleo
what's taking u so long

omg are u walking towards that portal thingy-

wtf u disappeared

HELLOOOOOO?!?!?!?!

**************
(genshin impact)
y̷͕̾/̵͓͝ṅ̶̻  has left the world
**************

I was freaking out. What the hell was going on? I frantically searched her Genshin UID, but the account that popped up wasn't hers - it belonged to a complete stranger.

I sent her a barrage of messages, but there was no response. The silence was deafening, and I felt like I was going insane. I scoured every social media platform I could think of, but there was no trace of her anywhere. It was like she had vanished into thin air.

That little shit, did she just block me—

No, she couldn't have. Not in that short period of time. As I dug deeper, I realized that wasn't the case. She had disappeared from every single social media account except for our text messages. I even created a new account and searched for her, but she was nowhere to be found.

Y/n has completely disappeared off the face of the internet. And all because of a—

A black portal?! From Genshin Impact?

This is ridiculous.

**********
(12 hours later, 7:30pm)

The aroma of freshly cooked spaghetti wafted through the kitchen as I busied myself with dinner preparations. My mind was a whirlwind of worry and confusion, fixated on the eerie silence from Y/n's end. It had been a whole twelve hours without a single word from her.

I set a plate down in front of my mom and took my seat, absently twirling spaghetti on my fork. My heart wasn't in it. My thoughts were entangled in a web of 'what-ifs' about Y/n. Was she okay? Why hadn't she replied?

Mom's voice cut through my internal monologue, "So, how's the thrilling world of online education treating you today?" Her tone was light, an attempt to pierce through the fog of my anxiety with her usual wit.

I mustered a weak smile, "Oh, you know, same old, edge-of-the-seat excitement." My attempt at humor fell flat, even to my own ears. I just couldn't shake off the growing unease.

Mom gave me a knowing look, a soft chuckle escaping her lips. "That good, huh? I remember when 'boring' was just having to sit through your uncle Freyr's stories about his 'glory days'."

Despite her effort to lighten the mood, my concern was like a heavy cloak I couldn't shed. After a few moments of silence, where I just pushed the food around my plate, I finally gathered the nerve.

"M-Mom, can I borrow your phone for a sec?" I blurted out, my voice tinged with desperation. I needed to try something, anything, to reach Y/n.

"Sure, why?" My mother replied, concern etched on her face.

"I just want to check if Y/n is okay. She hasn't replied to any of my messages, and I can't find her on social media or even the school accounts. It's like she just vanished into thin air."