42 - immortal she

A.N:

Just a quick heads-up, folks. The upcoming few chapters (42 – 45, I think. It's not really planned out in detail yet lolol) touch on heavier themes including self-harm, suicidal thoughts, and implied suicide. If you find these topics distressing, please tread cautiously. Your well-being is important, so do take care of yourselves.

**********

Inside the domain of the Hidden Palace of Guizang Formula, Y/n and Aranyani sat amidst a sea of maps, charts, and ancient texts

Inside the domain of the Hidden Palace of Guizang Formula, Y/n and Aranyani sat amidst a sea of maps, charts, and ancient texts. Light streamed in from the tall, arched windows, casting intricate shadows on the duo as they delved into the mysteries of Teyvat's ley lines and Irminsul. The Dendro Archon had taken the day off from her usual duties in Sumeru, devoting her afternoon to Y/n's education, a routine they've upheld for countless years.

Y/n, sitting cross-legged, flicked through an ancient tome, her forehead creased in a look of pure concentration. Suddenly, she snorted in frustration, slamming her hand down on the diagram sprawled in front of her.

"This makes no sense!" she huffed, pointing at the inconsistent ley line pattern on the chart. "Who wrote this shit? A toddler with a quill?"

Aranyani glanced up from her own text, her eyes dancing with amusement. "Reality often refuses to conform to our theories, Y/n," she replied with a chuckle.

"Guizhong!" Y/n exclaimed abruptly, casting a look towards the usually vibrant figure who was curiously quiet today. She was in a corner of the room, absorbed in a book, her back hunched and eyes focused.

"Earth to Guizhong!" Y/n tried again, louder this time. Still no response.

With an exaggerated roll of her eyes, Y/n sauntered over to Guizhong. A colorful, heavily illustrated book caught her eye. "You're reading a fairy tale?" Y/n exclaimed, raising an eyebrow in amusement.

Blinking, Guizhong looked up, a surprised smile crossing her face. "Y/n! I didn't hear you. And yes, it's a wonderful allegory!"

Y/n chuckled as she made her way back to Aranyani. "Aranyani, how about we swap these ancient texts for fairy tales? Might be more fun," she teased, pointing at the book in Guizhong's hands.

Aranyani, clearly enjoying the lively exchange, responded with a laugh. "Y/n, there's more wisdom in these fairy tales than you'd think. They often illuminate what Irminsul conceals."

With a mischievous grin, Y/n retorted, "Oh, I've figured that one out, Aranyani. You forget, I've been adventuring around Teyvat long enough to stumble onto a thing or two. You'd be surprised at the nuggets of wisdom I've unearthed from these so-called 'fairy tales'."

She paused for dramatic effect, her grin widening. "You know, one of them was an absolute thriller - a monster, a fox, and a little Scara...I mean, a kitten. And you wouldn't believe how the story ended...it was simply purr-fect!"