Ch 19: Realization

The Avengers didn't even have a chance to sit down before Loki was talking.

"The Asgardians called it the art of Fyrsta." He began, pacing as he talked. "An ancient and powerful study used by extremely few; the only mention of anyone using it within the last several thousand years was a single man referred to in the texts exclusively as 'The Golden Scholar'.

"Golden huh." Clint hummed.

"There is little to no information on how it actually works," loki continued gravely, "But the limited information in the archives made it perfectly clear what this art is capable of accomplishing."

Tony frowned. Loki's tone did not sound promising.

"How familiar are you..." Loki began, clearly choosing his words carefully. "-With the Aether?"

The effect was instantaneous.

"The Power stone?!" Sam gaped

"No." Steve said, wide eyed, voice shaking ever so slightly. "Loki, if this is a joke-"

"I thought," Natasha said, very slowly and with something sharp in her gaze, "-that the infinity stones couldn't be created."

"As did I." Loki replied. "But that is no longer the case. The Asgardian treasury holds one of these additional stones. I have seen it myself, although it is much smaller than the Power stone."

"Edward can make infinity stones?!" Steve said in horror, expressing what the Avengers were generally feeling at the moment.

Tony felt dizzy. A method to create infinity stones? Tony had realized by now, after reviewing the jaw-dropping footage of Edward's escape, that Ed's abilities were extremely powerful—But making infinity stones? Could he really do something like-

All at once, several pieces clicked into place in Tony's head, and he stood up abruptly. "Shit." He declared hollowly. "Shit, Jarvis get my suit now-"

"Tony, what-" Steve began

"It's Edward-" Tony said, mind racing as he pulled several holographic screens and a projection of the world, "Jarvis get me everything we have on the cabal's most recent positions-"

The other avengers tensed or stood, reacting to the panic in Tony's voice. Steve pressed on, trying to get a full sentence out of Tony.

"Tony, slow down, what do you mean it's Edward-"

"It's Edward-" He repeated, flicking through footage windows, "That's what Atuma found. The cabal's been trying to get their hands on the stones for ages-" He paused, flicking up and expanding one of the surviving footage clips of Edwards escape. "-And now they know of someone who can make them."