When all Hell Breaks Loose, "Diversion!"

By this point, Ed would've thought he'd be used to the panicked shriek of an alarm system, but when the tower's lighting system suddenly flickered to an ominous red, and a shrill, repetitive wailing sound began ringing from the PA system, Edward almost jumped out of his skin, and only narrowly avoided the aborted attack of one of the training dummies.

"Avengers tower is under attack. Initiating defensive protocols and beginning lockdown sequence." The ceiling voice stated calmly, a stark contrast to the chaotic sound of the alarms.

"Great. What now?" Ed huffed, surveying the room warily. Around him, the remaining training bots crumpled lifelessly to the floor, the simulation cancelled. Ed clenched his fist, listening closely for any sounds to suggest he wasn't safe. "Tardis!" He directed at the ceiling. "What's going on!?"

"Avengers tower is under attack by Dracula's forces." The ceiling voice responded. "The tower has been placed under lockdown, and defensive measures activated. You will be safe in here."

"Yeah, right." Ed responded offhandedly, mind racing. The tower was under attack, which meant the vigilantes had to be off fighting whatever the intruders were. Iron man and the annoying guy had left earlier, and hadn't come back yet, as far as he knew. The tower was surrounded and engulfed in chaos; he could hear the explosions all the way in here.

This was his chance.

Wordlessly, Ed strode across the room to the exit. He wasn't sure if 'lockdown' extended to individual interior doors, but he was going to find out.

"I would recommend remaining in the training room. It is one of the most heavily fortified-- and therefore safest-- rooms in the tower." The ceiling voice cut in, just as Ed reached his hand towards button that opened the door.

"I can keep myself safe, thanks." Ed responded dryly, prodding at the button. Just as he reached it, the display turned red, displaying an image of a closed lock. Ed frowned and poked it again, just to make sure. The door did not open.

Ed stared at it silently for a moment, feeling a sort of hysteria well up. A single, small snort escaped him, which then devolved into a quiet chuckling and for a brief moment, full out cackling. "So, that's how it is." Ed grinned, fully aware that the expression he was wearing was one of deranged glee.

"Protocol directs that you remain in this room for your own safety." The ceiling voice said after a moment, almost placatingly. "I would encourage you to wait in here while the conflict is resolved."

"And what about if I don't care about your protocols?" Ed questioned.

The ceiling was silent for a moment. "...Then I would, unfortunately, be forced to activate more aggressive measures." It responded, tone dropping ever so slightly.

Ed grinned, bringing his hands up to his sides. "Good to know."

Then he clapped.

Instantly, the crackle of alchemical energy washed over him, prompting the start of several new alarms to begin, and for also of every single training dummy in the room to suddenly re-awaken. Ed thrust his hands forward against the door—steel, his mind automatically supplied—and peeled back the thick metal, warping at around and to the sides of himself as he ran through, and keeping the reaction continuous as he re-shaped it behind himself into a twisted web of metal that would be impossible for the robots to get through quickly.