Revenge

___

Wednesday sat at her desk, typing her novel. Her roommate was fussing about behind her, rummaging through her closet and suitcases. Wednesday didn't let it distract her. Her writing was light-years more important to her.

"Wednesday, do you think I should learn Italian?" Enid turned to ask her.

Wednesday didn't react. "I do not recommend it. I've heard you practice." She balled up the paper she was typing on and threw it aside. Thing crawled up and flicked it into the trash. "It's the only horrible sound I do not enjoy."

Enid made a small whining sound and flopped on her bed. "I don't know. I guess I thought it would be romantic. Ya know, for my date with Ajax." She glanced around the room, thinking. "Gorgons speak Italian, right?"

"No, they naturally speak Greek." Wednesday said nonchalantly.

Enid made a slightly lounder whine but suddenly gasped. "OMG! What am I gonna wear?!" She jumped up and continued searching through her luggage.

"Whatever you want." Wednesday commented.

Enid whipped around and gave her a glare. Wednesday could somehow feel the stare. Thing crawled over and offered to help Enid pick out an outfit.

* * *

Enid was ready but nervous. She kept pacing and mumbling. Wednesday sat up slowly. She had been trying to sleep for nearly an hour and was beyond annoyed. "You're going to be late."

Enid glanced over at her and nodded. "Wish me luck?"

"If he breaks your heart, I'll nail gun his."

Enid giggled. "Wednesdays, you say that every time."

Wednesday didn't say anything else as she laid back down. Enid hesitantly snuck out the window and out onto the grounds.

* * *

Oddly, Wednesday could not fall asleep. She sat up again and moved to the edge of her bed. It felt like something was tugging on her brain and not in a good way. Thing appeared and looked at her quizzically.

"What is it?" Wednesday raised an eyebrow.

"Perphas you are worried about your roommate?" Thing signed.

Wednesday glared at him. "That is preposterous. I just need some tea."

Wednesday got up and found her emergency tea kit and began brewing. She was almost done when the door flew open, and Enid ran in and flung herself on her bed. Thing wandered over, worried.

"Sinclair?" Wednesday huffed, upset that her quiet was now over.

Enid glanced at her, then turned back around and threw off her shoes. There were tears in her eyes.

Wednesday stopped stirring her tea. "You're crying. " she said grimly.

"Since when do you care?!" Enid threw off her jacket and fell back onto her bed.

Thing crawled up on Wednesday's shoulder and tapped her sharply. Wednesday knew what that meant. She was no good at comforting people. So, she'd do what she did best.

"Thing, get the key." Wednesday commanded. Thing scrambled to find it and finally produced a gold key. "The bronze one." Thing threw the gold one down, grabbed the bronze one, and followed Wednesday towards the door.

"Where are you going?" Enid shot up to ask.

"My nail gun is across the Quad. I leave it with my fencing supplies."

"Wait-" Enid stood up.

"I'll be back in approximately 7 minutes." Wednesday opened the door, but something caught her wrist. It was Enid's hand.

"Wednesday. . . don't kill him." Enid pleaded. "It was a misunderstanding. He told me he likes someone else. Yeah, pretty jerk move, but I'll live. It's not worth killing over."

Wednesday looked at the floor, then at Thing, who made his best shrugging motion. "Fine."

She raised the arm Enid was holding onto while giving her a side glare. Enid giggled and let go.

___