Chill

___

Enid was skipping along the fence of Nevermore. Wednesday was behind her. On her own free will, which infuriated her.

Enid had simply said she was going out to check something and asked Wednesday if she'd wanted to come. Wednesday had almost immediately said yes.

She regretted it now. She'd forgotten it was barely 20 degrees outside.

"Enid, where is this thing you're checking?" Wednesday demanded, trying to keep her voice from chattering.

Enid glanced behind her and stopped walking. "Aren't you cold, Wens?"

"No." Wednesday said quickly. She shook violently from head to toe. Why wouldn't her body just stop being weak for 10 minutes?

"Wednesday." Enid said. Lately, Enid had only referred to Wednesday as her nickname. This made Wednesday pay attention. "I can see you shivering."

Wednesday said nothing and looked at the frozen ground. Enid stepped towards her and grabbed her hands, cupping them in her own.

"Sinclair." Wednesday warned. Enid's hands were comfortingly warm, but Wednesday didn't even realize she liked it.

"Wednesday! You're freezing!" Enid gasped.

"Unhand me this instant-" Wednesday warned again.

Enid snapped her hands away and reached into her pocket. "Here. Take my gloves. Werewolves can handle the cold way better than humans." She held out a pair of hot pink gloves.

Wednesday still had her hands floating where Enid had held them. She noticed and quickly put them behind her. "I'm not wearing such a horrid color."

Enid's ears drooped.

* * *

"You know, you should really branch out from black, white, and gray. Pink suits you." Enid beamed.

Wednesday glared her down from behind the pink snood that had been forced on her. "Shut up."

She crossed her arms, which now donned hot pink gloves, and the two continued walking.

___