Breath

Sorry, lovies, short chapter! Also I haven't updated In a while :/ oops! Anyways, enjoy Xx

My eyes snapped open to the sound of someone pounding on the door. I was enveloped in Loki's arms. I grinned, I wasn't dreaming after all. He slowly pried his eyes open, blinking in the sunlight that peeked through the curtains.

The pounding continued.

"My lord! My lord! Please! Open the door!" A familiar voice begged. Fay. Loki groaned over dramatically and sat up, blocking my view of the door. Before he had the chance to open the door, Fay practically broke it down. "My lord!" She paused and rested her hands on her knees, gasping for air. She straightened. "My lord! Aislin's gone! She wasn't in her bedchambers!" She explained. Although I couldn't see her, I was sure that she was moving her hands around violently. Like she usually did when she was stressed or excited.

Loki chuckled and dismissed her.

"But, Sir Loki! S-she's gone!" Fay stammered. I peeked around Loki's body and saw Fay's eyes widen, her jaw dropping. "Aislin?" She whispered and rubbed her eyes, as if she thought they were fooling her. I nodded. Her eyes darted between Loki and I. "H-have you two- d-did you two- have you... Mended your relationship?" She stuttered. I could see the joy filling her eyes. About to bubble over. Loki glanced towards me.

"Well, I assume so, or I would be questioning as to why she is in my bed." He chuckled. I felt a blush spread over my cheeks. Fay followed suit.

"Oh- uh..." She laughed awkwardly. "That's great! I'll uh- leave you two to catch up with each other." She nodded to herself and scurried from the room. Loki watched her leave and then flicked his wrist. The door slammed shut. In one swift motion, he wrapped his arm around my shoulder and pulled me towards his body. He pressed a drawn out kiss to my forehead.

"I'm sorry." He whispered.

"You don't have to keep apologizing. Let's just forget the whole thing, please?" I pleaded. Those were dark times. Wounds that were just beginning to heal. I'd rather not have a knife taken to them again.

"Of course, love." He mumbled after a while. My eyes wandered to the clock on the wall.

"It's 8:00, we should get ready for breakfast." I pointed out. Loki slipped out of bed and walked around to my side of the bed. "What are you doing?" I asked cautiously. He wrapped his arms around my waist. He threw me over his shoulder and spun around. I yelped and pounded on his back. "Loki Laufeyson!" I cried as he entered the bathroom. "Put me down this instant!" I ordered. He chuckled and set me on my feet. I gripped his shoulder to keep myself steady.

He reached into the shower and flipped the water on. The last time I showered I ended up almost getting hypothermia. His fingers found their way to the hem of my shirt and he slowly peeled it over my head. Then, he followed suit with my sweatpants. I held onto his shoulders and stepped out of the warm material. His eyes found their way to my hollow stomach. He blinked slowly and cupped my cheek.

"Aislin." He muttered sadly. His arms wound themselves around my body and embraced me tightly. I rested my head on his beating heart and felt his chest rise and fall with every shallow breath.

"I want to try again." I snapped. He pulled away and furrowed his brows together, his arms still resting on my lower back.

"What?"

"I want to try again Loki. I want a baby." I whispered and blinked back tears. Losing our first baby was still a tender topic. Barely healed. He tensed.

"Now?" I rolled my eyes and chuckled dryly.

"No, not now. But..... Later. Soon. I want to try again. But not now. We both need time to heal." I stuttered.