Diamonds.

OMG ITS BEEN FOREVER PLS FORGIVE ME

Aislin watched him with wide eyes. She knew this was coming. She knew that Naddr would return for her. And she knew somewhere deep inside of her, Belle was still there.

Suddenly, Aislin gasped and hunched over in pain.

"What? What is it?" Loki asked in a panicked tone. She shrugged him off.

"I-it's nothing." She whispered and shooed him away. Loki ignored her and hooked his arm under her knees, and his other around her shoulders as he heaved her from the ground. She gasped in pain, a strangled breath, like someone who was desperately sucking air into dying lungs.

Before she knew what was happening, Loki was sprinting through the halls, with Aislin in his arms. She coughed and went to cover her mouth with her hand, when she pulled her hand away there was a splatter of blood across her palm. She quickly wiped it on her dress, not wanting to worry Loki anymore than he already was.

The infirmary doors came into view and nurses were already swarming the two. It wasn't uncommon nowadays for Aislin to be in the infirmary. They pulled her from Loki's grasp and set her down on one of the beds. She hadn't even gotten a chance to breathe yet before they started sticking needles into her arms and pressing thermometers in between her lips.

"She's getting worse." Loki whispered. He was talking to someone just outside the infirmary doors.

"Yes, I know. I hear her coughing at night." The other person said sadly.

"I'm not good for her Thor." Loki admitted. "Ever since she's come to Asgard it's been nothing but torture for her.  And she's fragile Thor. She can't constantly handle stuff like this. First it was jail, then Naddr, then Belle, then losing the baby. Now this? Soon she's going to shatter."

"I'm afraid she already has." Thor responded. Aislin furrowed her brow in confusion and craned her neck to hear them better. "When you lose someone, Loki, they never come back the same person. When you left her, you took a piece of her with you that she can never get back." Just then Loki burst through the doors with an angry gleam in his eyes. They softened when they landed on her. She was incredibly pale, with needles and wires pressed to nearly every area of exposed skin. Her clothes had been stripped and she was now wearing a hospital gown. Loki felt a sudden rush of anger.

Who undressed her? How dare they touch her. He was about to berate the nearby nurses when a soft voice pulled him from his thoughts.

"Loki?" He spun around and found Aislin with her eyes half lidded. He sat down in the chair at her side and gripped her hand.

"What is it? Tell me where it hurts baby." He was shocked that he used that Midgardian term but he could care less right now. Aislin didn't seem to notice, or didn't care.

"Everywhere." She shuddered. The nurses started tugging at the sleeves of his robes.

"You must leave now, the drugs are going to knock her out for a while." The head nurse ordered. He shrugged them off and swatted at their hands.

"The Hell I'm leaving her." He snapped at them and pulled the flimsy curtain around the bed, giving them a false sense of privacy. No doubt that the maids were listening closely from behind the curtain.

"Please don't leave Loki." She begged in a small voice.

"I'm not leaving you." He promised and kissed her hand. She attempted to shuffle over on the bed but let out a cry of pain instead. Loki leapt from his chair.

"Aislin." He said. "Aislin stop." He ordered, pausing her attempts to move any further.

"I want to you lay with me." She whispered, her voice cracking towards the end. Loki nodded and scooped her up in his arms, he moved her just enough so that they could both fit on the bed. He pulled her small body tightly against his and listened to her ragged breathing as she slowly fell into unconsciousness.