20

Omniscient

It's been 3 months since Ximena had the abortion and not once did she feel guilty about it.
Ever since she has been working extra hard to keep her shop's standard up and keep the name out in the streets.
She had about seven employees so far and they all admired how driven and disciplined she was when it came to her business.
However, they could tell that something was going on with her because she hardly every took a break from the shop and she's always the first to show in the morning and the last to leave at nights.
Currently she was in the office dealing with paperwork, totally oblivious to what was about to happen.
She head a knock at the door and not once did she take her attention away from her laptop.
"Come in"
In walked her employees with a slice of Oreo cheese cake and little gift bags in their hands.
She furrowed her eyebrows at the sight of them.
"Guys my birthday is two months away" she said chuckling.
Jamie, one of her employees, who stood in front of the others giggled.
"Don't be silly. We know that but you've been working really hard for the past couple of weeks and you look exhausted. We can tell that something is wrong but we don't want to pry. This is just us showing you a little appreciation for being the best boss we can ask for"
She smiled trying to avoid crying infront of everyone.
"Aw you guys! You didn't have to do this" she stood from her seat and walked around the table to them.
She hugged each one of them and collected the little plate filled with cheesecake.
Taking a bite, she moaned a little.
"This is good! Did you make this Maddie?" She asked a pretty dark skin girl with deep dimples and wild curly hair.
"That's correct"
"I'm so thankful for all of you. I appreciate all of this" she thanked them as they placed her gifts on the table.
"You're welcome boss but I think you need to take a few days off. We can each take turns in closing up" Corey said.
She thought about it for a second.
It didn't sound like a bad idea at all.
They all knew how to close up because they've done it before.
"Okay I will but right after I finish this inventory"
They stared at her intently.
"I promise!" She chuckled.
They nodded their heads and left the office.
She closed the door and instantly started to cry.
She knew how exhausted she had been for the past couple weeks but she'd rather work her ass off than sulk around over Nasir.
She knew this is something she had to do for herself.
-
As soon as she walked in, she headed straight for her bed and just plopped face down onto it.
"Mhmm" she moaned a little as she got comfortable.
As she was preparing to leave work, her brother sent her a text inviting her over for dinner.
She immediately declined because she felt like she'd run into Nasir.
Another reason is, she didn't tell her brother what she had done and she knew if she did he wouldn't have agreed with her decision.
She felt as though it was her decision to make though, her body her choice.
She rolled over on her back and looked at the ceiling for a brief moment. Rubbing her forehead, she sighed and got out of bed.
As she made her way into her kitchen, she grabbed the cheese cake from earlier and ice cream from the freezer.
She took her blender down and decided to put the cheese cake, ice cream and some ice into the blender and blend it together.
She grabbed a glass from the over head cupboard and pour the contents from the blender inside.
Shaking the whip cream, she sprayed some on top.
Satisfied with the outcome, she smiled. Grabbing the glass, she headed to the living room to watch something to kill time.
-
"I'm just saying you can't keep hiding yourself away like you rupunzel" Farrah told her best friend as she tried to convince her to come to the club with her tonight.
Ximena rolled her eyes.
"Girl ain't nobody hiding! I just don't wanna go to no stupid ass club with a bunch of people just grinding on each other right now"
"Please Ximena! I'll spend the night with you! I'll even cook the entire day for you tomorrow"
Ximena ears perked up at the offer.
She couldn't resist her bestie's cooking and she knew that.
She sighed.
"Fine Farrah. Come get me in the next 30 mins"
Farrah cheesed.
"Okayyy" She hung up and threw her phone on the couch.
Walking to her room, she thought about what she could wear. It's been awhile since she went to any clubs so she wanted to look her best.
She decided to take a shower, do a quick natural looking beat then get dressed.
After lotioning her body, she slipped on a black thong.
With her outfit choice she didn't need a bra.
After getting dressed, she smiled at her reflection in the mirror.
She couldn't lie, she looked good.
She sprayed her Dior perfume.
Grabbing her purse and putting everything she would possibly need into it, she made her way to the living room to get her phone.
She saw a text from Farrah informing her that she was downstairs.
Ximena exited her apartment and made the short trip down to the parking lot.
As she made her way to Farrah's car, her bestie quickly rolled down her windows and started shouting.
"Ayoo is that my bestie!? Looking like a BAD B-I-T-C-H!" She spelled out.
Ximena cheesed at her bestie's antics.
After a long time, she started to feel like herself again.
"Let me take a pic of you"
She quickly walked to side of the building and braced against it. She decided to post it on her IG.