3

Ximena Kai Carter

I woke to my phone going off. I had two messages; one from Farrah and the other from an unsaved number.

FarrahE🌹:Sorry about last night. I was so tired when I woke Travon told me Amir took you home😏

It's okay girl & yes he did😩

FarrahE🌹: Did y'all talk? You have him them digits!?

You know I fucking did! Yes we spoke.

FarrahE🌹: 🔥

I went to the unsaved number message.

Unsaved Number: Wake up mama😍

I smiled knowing who it was already and decided to save his number.

I'm up Amir

AmirP💫: What you got goin on today?

Nothing. I don't work until tomorrow. Why?

AmirP💫:  Aight  I'll see you tonight then.  I'll bring dinner😉

Lol bet
Seen

I got out of bed and did a little stretch. I haven't seen my brother in awhile so today I'm gonna scoop him up and take him to lunch. I went into his contact, calling him.

"Wassup sis" he answered.
" I should be asking you the same. I haven't seen you in almost a week. No calls no texts" he chuckled.
"My bad Mena. It's been hectic at work for a cool min"
"Well I'm coming to scoop you up at lunch time so we can catch up"
"Say less" I ended the call. I went into the kitchen and decided to make myself a small breastfast; a fruit bowl and some eggs.
After cleaning up after myself, I went to my closet to pick out a nice outfit for the day.
Laying it on the bed, I went into the bathroom and took a much needed shower. After brushing my teeth , I headed back into my room and got dressed.

Pulling out of the parking lot, I headed towards the mall to get a gift for Xahier

Pulling out of the parking lot, I headed towards the mall to get a gift for Xahier. I decided on a cologne; Sauvage Dior. Putting the box into a little gift bag, I looked for a card to thank you card just to show him a little gratitude.
Xahier has been the only man in my life since our dad died when I was seven. He automatically took up the role and took care of me.
I signed the card then headed back to my car.
-
As I walked into the building, I headed to the main receptionist.
"Hello, how can I help you?"
"Hi, I'm here to see Xahier Carter" she did something on her computer.
"Okay he just stepped out of a meeting. You can go up" I smiled.
On the way up the elevator, I mentally prepared myself for all of the men I'm about to come across today.
Xahier worked with a lot of men mainly because it was a music agency.
Walking off the elevator, I walked straight until I met his office. The men were staring as I gave them a head nod.
I tapped lightly on Xahier's glass door as I noticed he was speaking to Nasir.
He nodded and I entered.
"Hey sis" he gave me a tight hug before kissing my forehead.
"You missed me that much. Here's a little gift" I handed him the bag and he took it skeptically.
"You can open it Amor" I said calling him by his middle name.
He read the card and smile. Then he picked up the box.
"Oh damn, good looking out" he cheesed.
I waved him off.
Nasir light his blunt before standing to his feet.
Xahier's phone started ringing and he excused himself.
"What's up lil baby?" He said walking towards me. He was so close I could smell his cologne.
"Heard you been working my brother out and i'on like that" I said as I shifted all my weight to my left foot. He chuckled.
"Aye he asked for it. I'm just doing what I gotta do. Where y'all off to though?"
"I'm about to take my brother to lunch. It's the least I can do since you're stressing him out" I smirked.
Xahier came back.
"You ready Mena?" I nodded.
"I'll be back later Nasir" Xahier stated. He nodded.
"Have a good day lil baby" I smiled.
"See you around Nasir"
-
"So tell me something. How's everything with you besides work?" I decided to make small talk with Xahier as we ate.
He shrugged.
"I haven't been doing much besides work to be honest. I get up at 5 do my usual jogging then I head home. I'm at work by 8. Today is the first day I haven't worked through lunch in such a long time so thank you for that. I really appreciate this lunch and the cologne" he smiled.
I pouted. "Aww you know I'll do anything for you. You been dealing with me for so long and you've never complained. It's the least I can do so don't mention it"
We continued eating for awhile.
"What's up with you and Nasir though? Lil baby" He questioned. I shrugged.
"There's nothing going on. It's a nickname he gave me when he bumped into me at the club"
Xahier stared at me for a second.
"I hope so"
We finished up our lunch before parting ways.
I pulled into my apartment complex underground parking. Finding my usual parking space, I got out and locked my car.
Heading inside, I entered the elevator and pressed the no. 5 button.
As I walked out, I greeted my neighbor. She was a lady around the age of 60. She mostly kept to herself but always had a smile on her face.