15

Ximena Kai Carter

*2 months later*

A lot has happened since Farrah and I got back from our little vacation.
For starters, Von definitely is talking marriage.
He has an entire surprise engagement planned for her in a few weeks.
He secretly met up with her parents to get their blessings while we were away.
Since Farrah isn't a huge fan of crowds or unnecessary interactions, it's going to be something small yet extravagant.
I could hardly wait.

As for me, Nasir and I started talking a little more than usual. He hasn't asked me to be his girlfriend as yet though and he knows I'm not going to assume we're together just because we do everything together.
A couple of times I saw Amir and Mirah at the clinic but she didn't say anything to me.
The most she'd do is watch me like I'm her worst enemy.
However, that didn't stop Amir from hitting me up.
Apparently now that she knows we were together she's always nagging him about the things we did together and it's pushing him away from her to me.
He basically confided in me about what's been going on between them.
At first, I was happy that his ass was miserable as hell but now I can tell that it's taking a toll on him.
He's not his usually bubbly self anymore.
-
As I got off of work, I waited for Nasir in the parking lot.
Earlier today he took my car to the shop to get an oil change and service. So now he's stuck driving me around.
I got into his car and his cologne instantly had me feeling some type of way.
"Hey lil baby" and yes he still calls me that.
"Hey" I giggled as I placed my bag in the backseat.
I took the time to take in his simple outfit.
A black and white Nike t-shirt with some matching black shorts. He had on some long white socks and his black and white air Jordan 1.
I could tell that he went to the barbershop because his line up was fresh.
Last night when he spent the night at my place, I washed, treated as and braided his hair.
"You staring like all of this don't belong to you" he chuckled while staring ahead.
"It don't though" I mumbled clear enough for him to hear though.
Furrowing his already bushy brows, he looked over at me.
"What you mean?"
"It means that we never made it official. We just do everything together. You never asked me to be your girl" I said being straight up with him.
He nodded.
"I guess I didn't realize that I had to" he stated. "On that note, we're going out to dinner tonight. I'll take you home so you can get all dolled up. I'm talking all that extra shit and I'll come pick up at 7. How does that sound?"
I cracked a little smile.
"Okay it's a date then"
He licked his lips. "It's a date"
-
Later That Day
"I don't know where we're going Farrah. He said to get all dolled up" I said as we spoke on FaceTime.
I was sitting at my make up vanity as I installed this wig a bought a few months ago that I never actually got around to wearing.
"So you guys are finally making it official?" She questioned as she sat in her parents' restaurant.
"Yess I guess he figured we were already together since we did everything together ya know"
"What are you wearing?" She asked.
I had so many things to choose from but my mind was set on this dress I got a awhile back.
It was a long multicolored spaghetti and long sleeve dress; meaning one side had a spaghetti strap and the other side was long sleeve.
"This" I said as I placed the dress to my body.
"That's cuteee. That would look so good on you" she cheesed.
"Right! I think I'm just gonna do a natural make up look. Leave the curls out"
She agreed.
"I'm going to leave you to it. Send me a pic when you're finished"
"Okay be safe"
"You too bestie" she ended the call and I went back to putting the finishing touches on the wig.
Contented with the curls, I started on my make up.
My brows didn't need much work so I started on my eyelids.
My phone started ringing again.
Peeping the caller's ID, Amir's name flashed across the screen.
I hesitantly answered because usually we would just text but he was calling on FaceTime.
"Hey" I said as I continued on my face.
"My bad I'll hit you later"
I looked at him. "It's fine. We can talk. What's up?"
One eye was finished and I quickly finished the other.
"I was just calling to see how you're doing but as I can see you're doing good as fuck" I chuckled at his compliment.
"Yes I am. I'm actually preparing to head out on a date"
"Is that right?" He asked smiling.
I nodded.
"That's a lucky guy right there"
"He is. How's baby mama?" I questioned taking the focus off of me.
He shrugged.
"We haven't spoken for a hot min. She's still stuck on the fact that we were together and I didn't tell her. Steady asking me bout you" I shook my head.
"I can't deal with that man. I understand that it's probably the hormones and the baby got her feelings all over the place but I'm literally here with you. Why the fuck your worried about my ex more than me?"
He ranted on.
"Not gonna lie. She be making me miss you bro. Not talking bout our relationship but just you in general"
I didn't know what to tell him.
"I mean I guess. You got to give her time Pooh. This is her first kid and she's probably just a bit insecure because of all the changes she's going through. Just stick around" I said as I used the beauty blender the blend in my foundation.
"You called me Pooh" he tweaked causing us both to laugh.
"You know I'm just accustomed to calling you that bro"
"Yeah yeah I know you be missing me too"
I raised my eyebrow. "That's what you think?"
He nodded. " that's what I know"
I left my setting powder on for a bit before I continued my make up.
I was almost finished.
"I just need you to understand something. There can never be more to us than friends. I'm seeing someone now and I don't want to put him in any disrespectful position or make him have to second guess anything, okay?"
He took awhile before he answered.
I knew he thought that we would have another chance at love one day. I can hear it in his voice but even speaking to him is a big risk for me.
I don't want Nasir to have to feel like I'm still messing with Amir so tonight once the time is right I'll let him know that we're only friends and he has nothing to worry about.
"Aite I got you" I looked at him to read his expression.
I continued to do my make up in total silence. I was a bit confused on what to do with my lip but I figured I'd use this matte brown lipstick that I never used.
I smiled at the fact that I actually loved how it looked.
After highlighting my face, I sprayed the setting spray and left it to dry and I started to lotion my skin.
I sprayed some body spray then got dressed. I decided to not wear any accessories.
I got in front my vanity mirror and admired how I looked.