Christmas Special

Their unforgettable first Christmas

Kei smiled as he walked out of the store, a present held tightly in his arms. His smile widened as he thought about the one that would get the present, imagining the smile that would adorn their face, the sparkling brown eyes that would shine with happiness. His mind was full with expectations as he made his way home. He was counting down the days excitedly, this would be the first christmas he'd spend with his most precious person in the world.

Christmas rolled around and Kei sat in his room nervously watching the clock with great focus, only 5 more minutes until the appointed time. 3 minutes later the sound of a doorbell rang through the house and Kei hurriedly ran down the stairs, passing by his parents and brothers at lightning speed. His family laughed but he couldn't care less as he opened the door and was greeted with a hug from two tangerines, causing him to fall back onto the floor of the entrance.

Chuckling was heard in the doorway as Shoyo's parents, Amami and Haruki watched on the three kids. Kei only gave them a small nod as he blushed, standing up only after Shoyo and Natsu had gotten off of him. "That certainly was a warm greeting you got there" Kei's brother, Akiteru, said smugly before heading back into the living room to watch the now unoccupied tv.

Natsu ran past Shoyo and Kei once she'd gotten her winter coat off and ran straight after Akiteru, whom she'd taken quite a liking to over time. If Kei were to guess, one of the main subjects the two talked about was him and Shoyo seeing as the Akiteru would point at them as Natsu giggled quietly. He never asked, and never would, he'd rather not open Pandora's box no matter how curious he was about it.

While the youngest and oldest child of the two families spent time talking on the couch, the grown-ups went into the kitchen to get dinner ready while having the usual grown-up conversations that would always bore the youngsters. This left only Shoyo and Kei in the hall, and silently, the two agreed to head upstairs, leaving their families to their own vices.

Kei grabbed hold of Shoyo's hand before leading him up the stairs to which Shoyo simply grinned as he squeezed his boyfriend's hand happily, walking closely behind. Like usual, Shoyo sat down next to Kei on the bed, a small content sigh as he rested his head against Kei's shoulder. A low chuckle escaped the taller as he wrapped his arm around his tangerine, feeling relaxed in the other's presence.

Time flew by quickly and in the blink of an eye it was already time for dinner and the two teens had to head down back to the rest of their family members. It was hard not to notice the grins on both Akiteru and Natsu's face as they walked hand in hand into the living room where a table with a big variety of food was spread out. The smell was mouth-watering and had their stomachs growl.

Laughter and talking filled the living room as the two families ate and chatted away, the evening was coming to an end and dusk was already arriving. The excitement radiating from Natsu was clear as she kicked her legs back and forth, swaying slightly with a quiet hum escaping her smiling mouth. Laughter broke out at the display, the excitement clearly spreading to everyone else.

When Kei's mother clapped her hands to bring everyone's attention, she happily exclaimed that it was now time to open presents which had the youngest cheering happily and jumping out of her seat. Not long after, the rest filed out of their seats at the table and sat down on the floor forming a circle with Shoyo's father, Haruki, closest to the pile of christmas presents.

As he was closest, he got the role of reading out the text on each present and then giving it to his assistant, Natsu, for her to deliver to the recipients, a gleeful squeal escaping each time the present was for her. It was nice, the first Christmas the two families spent together. When all the presents from under the tree had been given out, Shoyo rose from where he was sitting and grabbed a present he'd tucked away behind one of the armchairs."Natsu," he began, smiling gently at the direction his sister sat as she watched him like a hawk with glittering eyes. "Yes?" she replied quickly as she noticed the present he was carrying. "This is from Kei and me" he said once he had arrived around where he believed his sister to be and then placed the present on the floor. "We hope you like it!" he then added with a grin.