6. Monster

The man who stood in front of me didn't look human at all, that was a fact.

I could feel my skin prickle, and my throat dry out. Bitter emotions laced through me, as I looked at the red haired Gem.

The skin around his face was smooth like silk; no pore or scar noticeable. Most people in my town had scars and marks all over their skin, displaying the pain and fights we endured in our lives. But his face was flawless, as if he was crafted by an artist, with how perfectly symmetrical and smooth his skin appeared.

I could've sworn he was a child of Aphrodite, from how incredibly ethereal this man looked.

But his deep black eyes expressed something completely different. It was almost...human. They had a distant fire in them, trying to tame and control itself, but also begging to be let out, as they roamed my thin, starved figure.

It felt like he was analyzing my soul, and I couldn't help but glare. I knew the red haired boy was above me, being the next-in-line of the seven rulers of the Order. Yet his eyes made it so obvious it made me want to projectile vomit, particularly right at him.

I slowly placed the ring back on the dresser, watching the boy in front of me carefully so that he wouldn't attack me. I wasn't going to lie, his black eyes were burning into mine and it was rather intimidating.

"Who the hell are you?" He seethed, eyes fearful but irritated. I could tell that we was afraid of me, from seeing his hands in fists and his chest heaving.

"Juliana," I said bitterly, maintaining my glare.

His eyes widened with realization at the name, "Ah, so you're the new slave," he smirked. "I'm not surprised." His eyes roamed my figure again in pure disgust, and he looked away.

I rolled my eyes and scoffed at the rude gesture, "and you must be Kim Taehyung," I responded with the same cockiness. "I'm not really surprised either." I smiled sarcastically, as I watched him send me a glare.

"About what?"

"The spoiled tendency. It seems to run in the family," I said confidently, watching him release a deep exhale.

He's annoyed.

Taehyung chuckled, then quickly folded his arms across his chest, "I see boorish manners seem to run in your kind."

I raised an eyebrow in irritation, meeting the challenge he was clearly posing.

Two can play at this game.

Before I could say anything more, he interrupted me. "You know the rules right, human?"

"Yes," I said simply, folding my arms. "I may be human, but I'm not stupid."

He turned around to face me, a small, proud smirk on his face once again. "Then why are you talking back to me if you know the rules and aren't stupid?"

My eyes narrowed, and I leaned forward a fire burning in my eyes. This attitude was definitely something I wasn't use to. Everyone usually backed off in these situations, but he didn't seem like he was going to and neither did I.

But assuming I was stupid was a whole new low, despite how right he was. So, Mr. Kim Taehyung needed to be put in his place.

"Because you're an asshole, and are unaware of it." I said sternly, picking up my bucket and mop, then stomping out of the room.

I didn't even spare him a glance.

I sighed in relief as I escaped into the hallway. I desired nothing more than to leave that situation before I would unleash hell on a member of the Order, and become what they all feared—a wild animal. That was the last thing I wanted. However, it grew harder since Taehyung was an obvious irritation; the equivalent of taming a smart mouthed ass-wipe.