Fire and Havoc

The message came relatively quickly.

King Sornax stood on the balcony of the tower, overlooking the Kingdom of Hell's capital city, Vanapagen. The dark, ever-gray sky was a whirpool of colorless clouds, fluffy and dead. A cold breeze brushed past him, and he flicked his tail as he took in a deep breath. To some Hell was a horrid place, a place of ruin and tragedy.

But to the demons, it was home. And they liked it that way.

They didn't want to destroy Heaven out of jealousy. The demons and the angels had forever hated each other, for something that happened long, long ago, the event that had eventually lead to the creation of the torture demons.

And even now, they wanted revenge.

A black raven could be seen, flying through the sky, a jet black smudge in a grey sketch. The raven circled above Sornax for a moment before gently flapping its wings in descent. It landed in front of the demon king, revealing a small message tied under its wing.

Sornax untied the message, allowing the raven to hop onto his arm as he unfolded the paper. The name signing was slightly smudged, like the writer had brushed their hand too hard against it, but it was legible.

I've done it. Come to the gates of Norxentor.
The Kingdom of Heaven will fall.

- Omen

Sornax grinned.

Allowing the raven to fly and follow him through the castle halls, Sornax turned and walked down the corridors, his cloak sweeping behind him as he went. He passed multiple doors and windows until he reached a solitary door. A pentagram was carved in the dark wood. Sornax closed his eyes, focusing on the shape.

It began to glow with an eerie red gleam. The identical one on his forehead glowed the same way. The door opened after a second or two, and Sornax pushed through.

Hanging on the far wall, an axe could be seen. He walked and pulled it from its resting place, looking at his reflection in the silver, ever bloodstained blade. His hand ran along the black wood of the handle. A pentagram was also carved into the butt of the blade, an intricate design and a symbol of the royal demons' power and authority.

Sornax gripped it tighter, glee filling his senses as he felt the weight of the weapon in his hands.

The angels will finally fall under my rule.

————

Sxorces, still in Omen's body, walked to the gates, standing in front of them, looking up at the grand doors.

He held out his hands, channeling his energy to them as he smiled.

Slowly but surely, the gates creaked, the doors opening wider, wider, wider.

The gates of Norxentor were open.

And there was no one stopping anyone from getting in.

It seems they got my message, Sxorces thought.

Standing in front of the gates on the other side was none other than King Sornax of Hell, with an army of demons behind him. Sornax was holding what looked like some kind of battle axe with a pentagram carved into the blade.

"Omen," he grinned, "Well done, my friend. What a pleasure it is to be here finally, here to destroy the angels once and for all."

Sxorces nodded. "The pleasure is mine, your Majesty."

Sornax tilted his head, noticing that "Omen's" pupils were different than usual. One was a white cross, the other a blue X.

"What's up with your eyes?" He asked out of curiosity.

Sxorces grinned. "I'll explain later. For now, do what you like here. These angels are quite irritating to be around for weeks."

Sornax shared the same glee. "With pleasure."

On his command, the demons charged into the city.

And soon the fires burned.

————

628 words